Harley-Davidson (Sega/Stern pinball)
|Manufacturer||List of Sega Pinball machines/Stern Pinball|
|Release date||September 1999|
|Design||Lonnie D. Ropp, John Borg|
The table went through three different production runs. The first made by Sega and continued by Stern Pinball in 1999 after they bought Sega's pinball division in the same year. The second produced by Stern Pinball in 2002, and the third with an artwork change also by Stern was released in 2004.
The machine features a Harley-Davidson motorcycle theme including authentic engine sound. The game enables players to lock the ball in wheelies on the playfield. The game has an up post between the flippers that is controlled by the player by an extra flipper button on the right side of the cabinet.
There was a second edition of the table released in November 2002, which was a re-run of the first edition with no changes.
Due to the popularity of the first and second run, the company released 300 games as a third edition in April 2004. This version includes upgraded parts including chrome trim, different motorcycles on the playfield a 1999 and a 2000 Fat Boy as well as a 2001 Heritage Springer.
The Stern's 3rd edition is available in The Pinball Arcade for several platforms.
Also, the same 3rd edition is available in Stern Pinball Arcade.
- Rossignoli, Marco. The Complete Pinball Book: Collecting the Game and Its History. Schiffer Publishing, Limited. p. 315. ISBN 9780764337857.
- Shalhoub, Michael. The Pinball Compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer Publishing, Limited. pp. 258, 272. ISBN 9780764341076.
- "Internet Pinball Machine Database: Sega 'Harley-Davidson®'". www.ipdb.org.
- "Internet Pinball Machine Database: Stern 'Harley-Davidson® (1st Edition)'". www.ipdb.org.
- "Internet Pinball Machine Database: Stern 'Harley-Davidson® (2nd Edition)'". www.ipdb.org.