|Occupation:||Executive Chairman / Founder of Brierley+Partners|
|Known for:||Pioneering AAvantage|
|Spouse:||Diane Walden Brierley|
Born in 1943, Brierley earned a B.S. in chemical engineering from the University of Maryland and an MBA from Harvard Business School with a Baker Scholar distinction. After graduating, Brierley worked as a research assistant for Harvard professor Charles M. Williams and co-founded Epsilon Data Management with former Harvard classmates in 1968.
In 1980, a former classmate from Harvard hired Brierley to design American Airlines' traveler rewards program. Brierley later became the vice president of sales and marketing for Pan American World Airways in 1982, where he developed the WorldPass loyalty program. After a year at Pan Am, Brierley left to become the senior vice president of marketing for Continental Airlines.
In 1985, Brierley opened Brierley+Partners (B+P), a loyalty program consultancy; and launched e-Rewards, Inc., a firm that collects consumer data for engineering loyalty programs, in 1999. In 2006, Brierley created e-Miles, Inc under the B+P umbrella.
- Executive Profile: Harold M. Brierley. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Professorship Brings Brierley's HBS Connection Full Circle" Alumni Story Details. Harvard Business School (01 April 2002). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Smillie, Dirk. "Chapter 4: Bible Bling." Falwell Inc.: Inside a Religious, Political, Educational, and Business Empire. New York: St. Martin's, 2008. 86-89. Print.
- "The Big 2-5: Celebrating 25 Years of Frequent Flyer Programs" Archived 2013-05-22 at the Wayback Machine. InsideFlyer (May 2006)]. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Petersen, Randy, and Tim Winship. "Chapter 1: Mileage Programs Take Off." Mileage Pro: The Insider's Guide to Frequent Flyer Programs. Downers Grove, IL: OAG Worldwide, 2005.
- "Tech Titans: e-Rewards Inc.". Dallas Business Journal (31 August 2012). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Cone, Steve. "Chapter 11: Loyalty Reimagined." Steal These Ideas!: Marketing Secrets That Will Make You a Star. 2nd ed. New York: Bloomberg, 2012
- Hunter, Glenn (20 January 2010)."5 Questions for Hal Brierley.". D CEO. Dallas Magazine. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Hal Brierley (20 March 2012). "Drowning in Data, Our Business Faces a Serious Talent Crisis". Blogs & Columnists. Advertising Age. Retrieved 27 November 2014.