Harper Creek High School
|Harper Creek High School|
|12677 Beadle Lake Road
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
|Type||Public High School|
|Vice Principal||Lisa Crawford|
|School color(s)||Blue and White|
|District||Harper Creek Community Schools|
Harper Creek High School is a high school in the Harper Creek School District located just outside the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. In 2005, Harper Creek opened a new high school, which includes computer labs, electronic lockers, overhead projectors in all rooms, a gymnasium with three basketball courts, an 850-seat auditorium and an eight-lane swimming pool.
- Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
- Calhoun Area Career Center (Changed in the 2007-2008 school year from the Calhoun Area Tech Center)
- Dual enrollment in college courses for juniors and seniors
There are many extracurricular activities available to students at Harper Creek High School. These include: Student Government; Distributive Educational Clubs of America (DECA); the Harper Creek chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS); Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD); Asset; etc.
In 2003, the Harper Creek Quiz Bowl team won the Class B State Championship and advanced to a national tournament.
Harper Creek uses the Beaver as a mascot.
Harper Creek now competes in the Interstate 8 Athletic Conference.
Sports teams include:
- Boys' and Girls' swimming
- Boys' and Girls' cross country
- Boys' and Girls' tennis
- Boys' and Girls' soccer
- Boys' and Girls' basketball
- Boys' and Girls' track
- Boys' and Girls' golf
- Merchant, Safiya (2016-07-26). "Meet Harper Creek High's new principal". Battle Creek Enquirer. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Detroit Catholic Central, Harper Creek High School and Kent City High School win Quiz Bowl | MSU News | Michigan State University