Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Pau Masó|
|Edited by||Pau Masó|
Maso & Co Productions
Haunted Poland (Polish: Nawiedzona Polska) is a 2011 horror film in the found footage genre, pieced together from amateur footage. The film was produced by Maso & Co Productions. Told cinéma vérité-style, Haunted Poland depicts the contents of recorded tape filmed by a couple Ewelyn played by Ewelina Lukaszewska, and Pau played by Pau Masó who visited Poland to meet and visit family. However, our duo soon find themselves disturbed by all manner of strange phenomena upon visiting the girl's hometown where she once played with a Ouija board. The film premiered at the AIFF on November 20, 2011.
In 2011, a couple living in America, Ewelina and Pau, travel to Poland to meet the girl's family. As the film goes by, strange phenomena occurs, but her reluctant "non-believing" boyfriend, just pokes fun at her instead of supporting her, while she is actually having a hard time.
Filming began in July 2011 and lasted seven days.
The film will premiere at the 2011 American International Film Festival (AIFF) on November 20 as well as the Sundance Film Festival.
Haunted Poland has garnered negative reviews and the director/actor has been accused of "borrowing liberally from Paranormal Activity". In addition, the first teaser for the film holds a 90% negative bar rate on YouTube. The director released a statement on Dread Central to stop the negativity the trailer created "Haunted Poland was meant to be an 'experimental' project, says director Masó" and continues "This is not a Hollywood film with a budget of 20 million dollars. This film was completely shot on a consumer camera, with an estimate budget of 1000.00$."  Additionally, the actor insisted later on, that the film was independent by making this statement "This movie is a no-budget and will be approximately 90 minutes".
Awards and nominations
- "Ready to Visit Haunted Poland?". DreadCentral. July 28, 2011.
- "'Haunted Poland' scares up a release and follow-up". Horrornews.net. December 22, 2011.
- "Horror na Kujawach! W Chodczu, Toruniu i Włocławku Hiszpanie kręcili film o piekielnych mocach" (in Polish). Gazeta Pomorska. July 21, 2011.
- "New horror trailer begs the question -- Why don't they ever put down the camera?". Metacafe. Archived from the original on 2012-04-25.
- "Haunted Poland Teaser". Youtube.
- "First Haunted Poland (Nawiedzona Polska) Clip "Sees Something"". Dread Central.
- "More Teases in Latest Trailer for 'Haunted Poland'". Bloody Disgusting.
- "Awards". AIFF2010. Archived from the original on 2010-11-01.
- Official website
- Haunted Poland on Facebook
- Haunted Poland on IMDb
- "New Take on First Person Horror in Haunted Poland" on Bloody Disgusting
- "Haunted Poland – (2012) Clip and 1 sheet" on Horror News
- "New Haunted Poland (Nawiedzona Polska) Trailer Creeps Online" on Dread Central
- "Przyjechał poznać rodzinę ukochanej, przeżyje horror w teaserze Nawiedzonej Polski" on Filmweb
- "First Details, Poster & Trailer For Polish Horror Flick Haunted Poland" in the JoBlo.com
- “Haunted Poland” In: The Łódź Post