The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Headup GmbH, doing business as Headup Games, is a German video game publisher based in Düren. The company was founded in January 2009 by Dieter Schoeller, who serves as its managing director. The company is best known for publishing the Bridge Constructor series of games developed by ClockStone.
Headup Games was founded in January 2009 by Dieter Schoeller, who became its managing director. Operations were formally launched in Düren in April 2009, with Headup also employing executive producer Marcel Aldrup and executive PR & marketing manager Michael Zolna. The first game published by Headup was Twin Sector, an action-adventure games developed by Bremen-based studio DNS Development and released in September 2009. Subsequently, the company signed an agreement with NBG Multimedia that would allow NBG to distribute Headup's games in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In October, Headup joined G.A.M.E., a German association for the video game industry. By January 2013, Headup employed six people, of which Zolna left the company in early April, being succeeded by Skander Essadi. By June 2014, Headup employed Schoeller, Aldrup and Aldrup's brother Mark as full-time employees, three trainees and two interns.
- "About Us". Headup Games.
- Kidwell, Emma (6 December 2017). "Valve licenses Portal to Headup for new Bridge Constructor game". Gamasutra.
- "Headup Games feiert 10jähriges Jubiläum" [Headup Games celebrates 10-year anniversary]. GamesWirtschaft (in German). 7 January 2019.
- Giesen, Burkhard (3 January 2013). "Mit Spielen auf Erfolgskurs: Headup Games aus Düren" [With games on the road to success: Headup Games from Düren]. Aachener Nachrichten (in German).
- Pototzki, Tim (27 April 2009). "Headup Games nimmt Arbeit auf" [Headup Games begins work]. Gamesmarkt (in German).
- Pototzki, Tim (7 May 2009). "Headup stellt Debüttitel vor" [Headup presents debut title]. Gamesmarkt (in German).
- Pototzki, Tim (12 May 2009). "Headup gibt Vertrieb an NBG" [Headup hands distribution to NBG]. Gamesmarkt (in German).
- Pototzki, Tim (19 October 2009). "Headup tritt G.A.M.E. bei" [Headup joins G.A.M.E.]. Gamesmarkt (in German).
- "Zolna verlässt Headup Games" [Zolna leaves Headup Games]. Gamesmarkt (in German). 4 April 2013.
- Johnen, Stephan (3 June 2014). ""Headup Games": Daddeln bis zur Serienreife" ["Headup Games": Gaming to production stage]. Aachener Zeitung (in German).
- "Preisträger Chronologie: 2012" [Prize Winners Chronology: 2012]. Deutscher Entwicklerpreis (in German).
- "Preisträger Chronologie: 2013" [Prize Winners Chronology: 2013]. Deutscher Entwicklerpreis (in German).
- "Preisträger Chronologie: 2017" [Prize Winners Chronology: 2017]. Deutscher Entwicklerpreis (in German).