|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2011)|
Headway Arts, incorporated in 1995 as Headstrong Productions, is an independent arts organisation and registered charity based in Blyth, Northumberland.
It focuses on participatory arts, providing opportunities for people to gain access to the arts. It aims to engage people who are socially excluded, with a focus on working with young people and adults with learning disability.
It has delivered an award-winning programme which includes:
- Come on Down - an annual festival to celebrate work created by learning-disabled people.
- Random - an ongoing youth theatre funded by BBC Children in Need
- Seven Stars - Northumberland's learning disabled theatre company supported by the Northern Rock Foundation.
As an independent organisation, Headway Arts raise funds from grant applications, donations and through sales of professional creative and arts-based training workshops.
Headway Arts is also engaged in international collaborative work with support from the European Union, and since 2009 has attracted Grundtvig funding for partnership work linking with community and arts initiatives in Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Most Exciting Project at North East VCS Awards 2009
Leading Visionary of the Future in Europe in European Year of Creativity & Innovation 2009
NIACE Outstanding Achievement Award 2010
Best Animated Film (Rosemary's Birthday) and Best Fantasy Film (Robots in Space) at 2010 D'Oscar Awards
- Journal Live 13 April 2011
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110927112049/http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=7321. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved August 9, 2011. Missing or empty