In 2010 she became administrator, editor in chief and domain holder for the Wikileaks endorsed news site Wikileaks Central. She used WL Central to tie Wikileaks releases to current events and advocate for social change under the slogan "News, analysis, action." The Action section contained protest calendars, petitions, and information for activists. The site published in 16 languages and protests were listed for over one hundred countries.
As editor in chief and administrator of Wikileaks Central she used the media attention on Wikileaks in 2010 to 2012 to shine light on human rights and transparency issues and support revolutions around the world. "As Georgie she has been writing about the revolution since before the beginning, starting with A Stateless War in September 2010." She wrote the first article referencing what became the US Occupy movement on the day it started, March 10, 2011, and covered many other day of rages within hours of their beginnings.
A Canadian activist, she created Take the Square Canada and worked with activists around the world to "encourage and facilitate connection and communication for the revolution". Some of those groups were the South Korean Hope Riders, the North African Day of Rages, the Chinese Jasmine Revolution, the Spanish Indignados/Take the Square movement and the US Occupy movement.
She began writing A Proposal for Governance in November 2011 and was invited to the Berlin Biennale from April - June 2012 to work with other hackers on creation of the Global Square. She represented the Berlin Biennale hackathon at the World Free Media Forum in Rio in June 2012.
As editor/administrator of WL Central, she created a community for 70+ activists around the world to provide a new hard news organization, covering only "the news people require in order to govern themselves" and working towards the Wikileaks model of scientific journalism.
WL Central rapidly became an internationally very widely read news site, broke several important stories such as the secret CIA prisons in Poland and provided the most in depth coverage of many uprisings. Influential net critic Geert Lovink called WL Central the fourth website he visits every day: "WL Central turned into an alternative news aggregator and a kind of alternative CNN a.k.a. follow-up of Indymedia in the good old days of 2000-2001. it’s gone down a bit but still can up with amazing stories from its own correspondents. WL Central shows what the Web is capable of doing beyond the 140 characters of Twitter and the informal chit-chat on Facebook."
Her writings on the site covered investigations of leaked material, both from Wikileaks and other sources such as al Jazeera and anonymous, coverage of revolutions and protests in live blog and investigative format, and coverage of individual human rights cases, including interviews. One unpublished interview with Guantanamo defence attorney Dennis Edney was leaked to Cryptome. In the interview, they discuss blackmail attempts of witnesses by the FBI and the possibility that Omar Khadr's plea deal was signed without legal counsel. The interview discusses the delaying of publication until after Edney returns from Guantanamo; when he returned from Guantanamo he was fired from the case and forbidden to speak of it.
As both a journalist and a media critic, she has often combined the two in articles such as The Guardian: Redacting, Censoring or Lying? (the topic of an interview between Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger and Julian Assange in the documentary Mediastan), Toronto Star Coverage of Omar Khadr since his trial week and Zimbabwe election, Reuters and the troll who accidentally won the Internet.
She resigned as editor in chief, administrator and domain holder of Wikileaks Central on March 8, 2012.
She has been primarily associated with concepts such as approval economy, stigmergy as a system of mass collaboration, concentric user groups, epistemic communities with knowledge bridges and other political theories which relate to horizontal collaboration. She has also written a great deal about global power structures and what she sees as the "ponzi schemes" of power, celebrity and wealth, how they are created and upheld and the roles which contribute to oligarchy.
She rejects Lockean libertarianism as "societal self destruction" and is in favour of individual rights, governance by user group and overlapping societies with clearly defined social contracts. She is against all forms of trade economy including p2p and gift economies. She advocates an economy with societal approval as currency. She calls both democracy and communist government "failed concepts" and recommends stigmergy, concentric circles and knowledge bridges as methods of mass collaboration.
Through Global Square she formed a partnership with the Tribler and other projects to code her ideas for mass collaboration. In 2011 she began "A Proposal for Governance" and from there developed concepts which were the foundation for the Global Square, a technological solution to the problems outlined in A Proposal for Governance and the subsequent Governance and Other Systems of Mass Collaboration. Through Wikileaks, the project went viral in the international media. She gave a keynote speech on approval economy at the Alternate G8 summit in 2013 and represented the Berlin Biennale hackathon at the World Free Media Forum in Rio in June 2012.  She is the author of Binding Chaos, a study of methods mass collaboration.
Human Rights Activism
Primarily a human rights activist, she has been active in freedom of information, anti-poverty, justice related cases and all forms of 'human dignity' as well as advocating for individual rights ahead of all systems of governance. She has been associated with Guantanamo activism, primarily for Canadian POW Omar Khadr, and Anonymous activity, particularly human rights issues.
She has written extensively on her activism that includes investigative reports and interviews  on Canadian juvenile Omar Khadr, one of the youngest prisoners of Guantanamo Bay. Her popular blog is well-received globally.She is the national spokesperson for the Free Omar Khadr group in Canada, spending her time writing, speaking, advocating for Omar's release. One of her most recent interviews were published in The Diplomat related to her work about Omar Khadr.
She brought global awareness to topics such as the Rohingya genocide in Burma and ritual killings in Gabon  as well as many other individual and group cases through both activism and journalism. She started a research project to map connections between the people behind resource corporations, militias, spies and prisons in response to a fracking protest in New Brunswick. She started the OpDeathEaters campaign to inform the public of high level complicity in the human trafficking and 'paedosadism' industries with a goal of independent inquiries to investigate and a change in public discourse around these crimes.                             
She is the national spokesperson for the Free Omar Khadr group in Canada, spending her time writing, speaking, advocating for Omar's release. One of her most recent interviews were published in The Diplomat related to her work about Omar Khadr.
Privacy, Free Internet Activist
She has been "active in human rights and freedom of information for years". She is known to use many online identities, and has said they are ""usually sexually ambiguous or male"" to circumvent online sexism. She asserts that anonymous identities allow for ""pure thought exchange ... unclouded by preconceived judgements based on unrelated data."" Her work on WL Central advocated transparency for actions and organizations that affect the public and privacy for individuals. She was an early supporter of CryptoParty and provided an international message of support by audio to the first events.
She is against control and ownership of knowledge by copyrights and patents but writes "Privacy and ownership of personal stories are closely related to human dignity" and credit (although not ownership) for ideas and intellectual labour is essential in an approval economy.
- "Supporters". Wikileaks.
- "2011-10-25 Thoughts on revolution from Take the Square, WL Central and a member of US Day of Rage (AUDIO)". WL Central. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Marsh, Heather. "A Stateless War". Retrieved September 12, 2010.
- GeorgieBC. "@USDayofRage is on facebook #USDOR". WL Central. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- Dorling, Philip. "Building on WikiLeaks". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- "Contact". WL Central.
- Lovink, Geert. "Geert Lovink's First Five". First Five.
- "Wikileaks Central/Guantanamo/Khadr Interviews". Cryptome. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- Marsh, Heather. "To Whom It May Concern". WL Central. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Marsh, Heather. "A proposal for governance in the post 2011 world". WL Central. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- Carson, Kevin. "The Stigmergic Revolution". Desktop Regulatory State. Retrieved 2011.
- Hickey, Tom. "Sample proposal for governance in a digital world". Mike Norman Economics. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Knowles, Jamillah (February 22, 2012). "Outriders". BBC.
- Roos, Jerome (February 18, 2012). "Virality: international media coverage of The Global Square". ROAR Mag.
- Roos, Jerome. "BBC covers The Global Square: a grassroots social network". ROAR Mag. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "Would you join a Facebook-style Occupy social network?". CBC. December 28, 2011.
- Fox, Zoe (December 28, 2011). "Occupy Facebook: Social Network for Protesters in the Works". Mashable.
- John, Constine (December 29, 2011). "Good Luck Occupiers, But Here’s Why "Facebook For Protesters" Won’t Work". TechCrunch.
- Captain, Sean (December 27, 2011). "Occupy Geeks Are Building a Facebook for the 99%". Wired.
- Chanda, Devin (December 29, 2011). "'Occupy' Protestors Building Activist-Only Facebook". Complex Tech.
- Baylen, Ashley (December 28, 2011). "Occupy Facebook: A New Social Network". Shalom Life.
- Crow, Lorien (January 2, 2012). "Occupy Wall Street Builds Facebook Alternative". Mobiledia.
- Hartmann, Thom (February 16, 2012). "Wikileaks is dabbling in social networking". Truthout.
- Ribeiro, John (February 15, 2012). "Wikileaks-backed Global Square P2P activist platform due in March". PC World, Computer World, UK Computer World, TechWorld.
- Gutiérrez, Bernardo (February 17, 2012). "Trends 2012: La fusión definitiva de lo virtual y lo real". TicBeats Trends.
- "Los indignados de Wall Street tendrán su proprio Facebook". ABC. December 29, 2012.
- "La red social de ‘Occupy Wall Street’". El Mundo. December 29, 2011.
- "Global Square: los indignados de EEUU trabajan en su proprio Facebook'". El Confidencial. December 29, 2011.
- "Nace Global Square la red social de los indignados". TechWeekEurope, The Inquirer. December 30, 2011.
- ROMÁN, JOSE FERNÁNDEZ (December 29, 2011). "Global Square, la red social de los indignados de EEUU". El Referente.
- "Occupy Wall Street prepara su propia red social: "Global Square"". Canal331. January 3, 2012.
- "The Global Square: o Facebook dos Indignados". Dinheiro Vivo. December 30, 2011.
- Machado, Paulo Maurício (December 29, 2011). "The Global Square – a rede social do movimento Occupy Wall Street". Matéria Incógnita.
- "Street cria rede alternativa ao Facebook". TVI24 Occupy. December 29, 2012.
- "Global Square, a futura rede social do movimento Occupy Wall Street". Fibra. December 29, 2011.
- Franc de Ferrière, Jacques (December 28, 2011). "Wall Street ne veut plus occuper Facebook et crée son réseau alternatif". ITEspresso.
- Guerin, Hélene (February 17, 2012). "Global Square, la nouvelle plate-forme de Wikileaks". Studio Vitamine.
- "La plateforme d’échanges de Wikileaks sortira en mars". Le Monde Informatique. February 15, 2012.
- GUERRINI, FEDERICO (December 30, 2011). "Square, gli attivisti di Occupy Wall Street lavorano a un loro Facebook". La Stampa.
- Deotto, Fabio (December 28, 2011). "Occupy Wall Street lavora a Global Square, un Facebook al riparo da occhi indiscreti". Panorama.
- Knoke, Felix (December 29, 2011). "Neue Internet-Plattform: Occupy Facebook". Der Spiegel.
- Gehl, Christian (December 29, 2011). "Global Square: Occupy-Bewegung startet soziales Nerzwerk". Werben & Verkaufen.
- "The Global Square, Jejaring Sosial untuk Aktivis dan Demonstran". December 30, 2011.
- "http://nasional.topikutama.com/detail/berita/33731/2011-12/The_Global_Square_Jejaring_Sosial_untuk_Aktivis_dan_Demonstran". Massimo. December 29, 2011.
- "Сеть оккупантам". Коммерсантъ (Citizen K). February 6, 2012.
- "http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/1862178". IT Tech Blog. December 29, 2011.
- Michalik, Łukasz (December 29, 2011). "Oburzeni uruchamiają Global Square – własny serwis społecznościowy". VBeta.
- "Nova društvena mreža za prosvjednike koji ne vjeruju Facebooku". Net.hr. December 30, 2011.
- "The Global Square za generaciju prosvjednika". ZaMirZINE. December 30, 2011.
- "'Global Square': Wikileaks-Backed Activist Platform Launching in March". Common Dreams. February 15, 2012.
- "Occupy Facebook: Protesters Planning Their Own Social Network". Slate. December 29, 2011.
- Roos, Jerome (February 18, 2012). "Virality: international media coverage of The Global Square". ROAR.
- Marsh, Heather. "Individuals in Society". Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- "Omar Khadr". GeorgieBC's Blog.
- http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-rohingya-movement-as-seen-by-a-journalist-in-burma http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/25/anonymous-puts-plight-of-rohingya-people-in-twitter-spotlight/
- http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/the-grid/opfrackoff-anonymous-canada-Elsipogtog-anti-fracking-protest http://www.pearltrees.com/#/N-u=1_1575878&N-fa=9552919&N-s=1_9552919&N-f=1_9552919&N-p=92825825
- Heise: #Anonymous und die Todesser: Jagd auf Pädophilen-Netzwerke - heise online http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Anonymous-und-die-Todesser-Jagd-auf-Paedophilen-Netzwerke-2548518.html#opDeathEaters
- Newsweek: Anonymous Call UK Protest Against Paedosadists in the Establishment http://www.newsweek.com/anonymous-call-uk-protest-against-paedophiles-establishment-304342 #opDeathEaters
- VICE: Behind Anonymous #OpDeathEaters to Reveal International Elite Child-Rape Syndicate http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/behind-anonymouss-operation-to-reveal-britains-elite-child-rape-syndicate-273?utm_source=vicetwitterca
- International Business Times: Anonymous OpDeathEaters campaign calls for people to expose paedophile networks around the world http://ibt.uk/A006EPp #OpDeathEaters
- Independent: Anonymous calls to help expose international paedsadist networks with ’#OpDeathEaters’http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anonymous-calls-for-activists-to-help-expose-international-paedophile-networks-with-operation-deatheaters-9998350.html
- Mirror: Anonymous ‘hacktivists’ target paedosadist networks with Harry Potter-inspired #OpDeathEaters http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/anonymous-hacktivists-target-paedophile-networks-5029544
- Telegraph: Anonymous hackers turn fire on global paedosadist menace w/ #OpDeathEaters http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11363303/Anonymous-hackers-turn-fire-on-global-paedophile-menace.html
- Belfast-Telegraph: #Anonymous calls for activists to help expose international paedosadist networks http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/operation-deatheaters-anonymous-calls-for-activists-to-help-expose-international-paedophile-networks-30931991.html #OpDeathEaters
- RT-Espanol: #Anonymous apunta sus armas contra la pedofilia http://es.rt.com/3iqg #opDeathEaters #opMortifagos
- RT-English: #Anonymous asks activists to help fight pedosadists in ‘Operation DeathEaters’ http://rt.com/news/225807-anonymous-operation-against-pedophiles/#.VMM4VSvO8ZE.twitter#OpDeathEaters
- Dailymail: Hacking group #Anonymous to target [PedoSadists] using the 'dark web’ to carry out child abuse http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2924864/Hacking-group-Anonymous-target-paedophiles.html … #OpDeathEaters
- #Anonymous Asks Activists To Fight Pedosadists In 'Operation Deatheaters’http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/01/25/2123226/anonymous-asks-activists-to-fight-pedophiles-in-operation-deatheaters#OpDeathEaters
- Hack-read: #OpDeathEaters: #Anonymous Gearing up to Expose Global Pedosdist Networks | Hackread http://www.hackread.com/opdeatheaters-anonymous-gearing-up-to-expose-pedophile/
- PressTV: Hacktivist group #Anonymous attacks pedosadist networks http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/01/23/394473/Anonymous-targets-pedophile-networks #opDeathEaters
- Spitsnieuws: #Anonymous gaat pedosadisten slopen http://m.spitsnieuws.nl/geek/2015/01/anonymous-gaat-pedofielen-slopen #opDeathEaters
- Dagbladet: Først angrep Anonymous IS. Nå skal «Operasjon Dødsetere» knuse pedofiliringer:http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/01/23/nyheter/anonymous/pedofili/overgrep/utenriks/37343135/#OpDeathEaters
- The Inquisitr: Heard of #OpDeathEaters? Anonymous Movement Seeks End To Child Sex Trafficking Justice For Victims http://www.inquisitr.com/1784457/heard-of-opdeatheaters-anonymous-movement-seeks-end-to-child-sex-trafficking-justice-for-victims/
- Tech Worm: Anonymous relaunch Operation Death Eaters to expose international paedophile networks:http://www.techworm.net/2015/01/anonymous-operation-death-eaters-to-expose-international-paedophile-networks.html#sthash.lNxM8BmU.dpuf … #OpDeathEaters
- Sputnix: Hackers collective declares vigilante justice against the international “paedosadist industry: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150124/1017301478.html … #opDeathEaters
- Adminstradores: Declaração de Guerra: Anonymous pretende expor redes internacionais de pedofilia http://www.administradores.com.br/noticias/cotidiano/anonymous-pretende-expor-redes-internacionais-de-pedofilia/97395/#OpDeathEaters
- Jornal o globo: Grupo de hackers Anonymous promete expor redes internacionais de pedofilia. http://glo.bo/1CliFd1 #OpDeathEaters
- El comercio: #Anonymous planea atacar a redes de pedofilia http://elcomercio.pe/redes-sociales/youtube/youtube-anonymous-planea-atacar-redes-pedofilia-noticia-1786800 … #opDeathEaters
- Correro del orinoco: Bajo el nombre de ”#OpMortífagos" #Anonymous apunta sus armas contra la pedofilia: http://www.correodelorinoco.gob.ve/comunicacion-cultura/anonymous-apunta-sus-armas-contra-pedofilia/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter #OpDeathEaters
- CNA: 駭客組織新目標：戀童網站 http://www.cna.com.tw/news/firstnews/201501240198-1.aspx #OpDeathEaters
- EETODAY: 「匿名者」爆全球戀童網站 對抗主流漠視兒少性侵案件: http://www.ettoday.net/news/20150124/458237.htm #OpDeathEaters
- ZAOBAO: 黑客组织新目标：恋童网站: http://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/world/story20150124-439068 #OpDeathEaters
- CNA| Dailynew: 骇客组织新目标：恋童网站: http://dailynews.sina.com/gb/news/int/cna/20150124/00596409836.html #OpDeathEaters
- BBS: 大善举！ 黑客组织攻击全球恋童网站 http://bbs.tiexue.net/post2_8509389_1.html #OpDeathEaters
- African Seer: Hacking group Anonymous to target paedophiles: http://www.africanseer.com/index.php?news=392791 #OpDeathEaters
- Anonymous Call UK Protest Against Paedosadists in the Establishment http://www.newsweek.com/anonymous-call-uk-protest-against-paedophiles-establishment-304342 #opDeathEaters
- #Anonymous und die Todesser: Jagd auf Pädophilen-Netzwerke - heise online http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Anonymous-und-die-Todesser-Jagd-auf-Paedophilen-Netzwerke-2548518.html#opDeathEaters
- "CryptoParty International Messages of Support". CryptoParty. Retrieved October 23, 2012.
- The CryptoParty Handbook. Lulu. 2012. p. 392.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heather Marsh.|