In 2001, the town of Heenvliet had 2,675 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.36 km², and contained 1,064 residences. The wider statistical district of Heenvliet, which covers that part of the "Polder Heenvliet" that is in Bernisse, has a population of around 2,700. The historic ruins of Ravesteyn Castle are located in the town.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2011.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Gemeente Op Maat 2004: Bernisse [permanent dead link].
- "Stichting Stede en Vrye Heerlykheyt". 2009-05-07. Archived from the original on 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Heenvliet". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.