Helene Hegemann (born 19 February 1992 in Freiburg im Breisgau) is a German writer, director, and actress. As a young writer her work was highly praised, but her first novel, Axolotl Roadkill, sparked a plagiarism controversy. The book has since been translated in various languages.
She was raised by her divorced mother, a graphic artist and painter. After her mother's death, Hegemann moved in with her father. She began writing and first gained attention with her blog. On 6 December 2007, her play, Ariel 15 premiered in Berlin at Ballhaus Ost, directed by Sebastian Mauksch. Hegemann called her play a literary fairy tale piece. Deutschland Radio adapted it as a radio drama in 2008. That same year, a screenplay she wrote at 14 was developed. It was underwritten by the Federal Cultural Foundation. The resulting film, Torpedo, a youth drama, premiered in 2008 at the Hof Film Festival and ran in German cinemas in summer 2009. It won the Max Ophüls Prize. Hegemann credits the Jean-Luc Godard film Weekend as a major influence on her writing style. In 2009, Hegemann played a role in the episodic film Germany 09, by Nicolette Krebitz. Hegemann appeared in the segment "Die Unvollendete", where Ulrike Meinhof and Susan Sontag meet.
In 2013, her second novel Jage zwei Tiger was published.
- Axolotl Roadkill, Ullstein, 22 January 2010, ISBN 978-3-550-08792-9
- Jage zwei Tiger, Hanser, 26 August 2013, ISBN 978-3-446-24367-5
- "Helene Hegemann, the art of cut and paste". Berliner Zeitung. 11 February 2010.
- Nicholas Kulish (February 11, 2010). "Author, 17, Says It's 'Mixing,' Not Plagiarism". The New York Times.
- Rapp, Tobias (18 January 2010). "Autoren: Das Wunderkind der Boheme" – via Spiegel Online.
- "- Ballhaus Ost". www.ballhausost.de.
- "- Ariel 15 - oder die Grundlagen der Verlorenheit".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- Weißmüller, Laura (25 September 2018). "Katapultiert ins Elend der Jugend" – via Sueddeutsche.de.
- http://032c.com/2013/helene-in-hysterialand/ HELENE IN HYSTERIALAND. By Mara Delius. 032c 21 January 2014
- Lutz, Cosima (20 January 2010). "Jung-Autorin: Hegemann feiert die Kommune im Kapitalismus" – via www.welt.de.
- "Alleskino- Torpedo". Alleskino.
- IMDB Axolotl Overkill https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5061564/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1. Missing or empty