This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kate Middleton on the cover of Hello, December 2010
|Company||Hello Ltd (Spain)|
'Hello' (stylised as 'HELLO!') is a weekly magazine specialising in celebrity news and human-interest stories, published in the United Kingdom since 1988. It is the United Kingdom local edition of ¡Hola!, the Spanish weekly magazine.
Hello was launched in 1988 by publisher Eduardo Sánchez Junco, owner and chairman of Spain's ¡HOLA! magazine. ¡HOLA! was created in 1944 by husband and wife Antonio Sánchez Gómez and Mercedes Junco Calderón.
- 2008 PTC Top Dog Awards Commercial Director of the Year, Winner
- 2005 ACE, UK Magazine distributed Internationally, Winner
- 2004 PPA – Sales Pitch of the Year, Winner
- 2002 PPA – International Magazine of the Year, Winner
- 1999 BSME Awards, Best International magazine, Winner.
- 1998 Marketing Week 20th Birthday Awards, Best Consumer Magazine, Winner
- 1996 The Press Circulation Awards - Consumer Magazine of the Year, short-listed
- 1995 International Press Directory - International Publishing Award to Eduardo Sánchez Junco
- 1992 The Press Circulation Awards - Circulation Excellence by a Consumer Magazine, Finalist
- Media Week Press Advertising Awards - Consumer Magazine of the Year, Winner
- The Publisher - Best Front Cover, Winner
- PPA - Consumer Magazine of the Year, Highly Commended
- 1991 The Press Circulation Awards - Circulation Excellence by a Consumer Magazine, Winner
- British Society of Magazine Editors - General Interest Magazine Editors of the Year, Winner
- The Publisher Magazine Publishing Awards - Magazine of the Year, Runner-up
- PPA – Consumer Magazine of the Year, Highly Commended
- 1990 PPA – Consumer Magazine of the Year, Winner
- Media Week Advertising Awards - Consumer Magazine of the Year, Winner
- The Press Circulation Awards - Greatest Annual Percentage and/or Copy Growth by a Consumer Magazine, Runner-up
- 2003 – Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas sued Hello for publishing unauthorised photographs of their wedding. Rival magazine OK! had an exclusive contract for pictures of the wedding, and also sued Hello. In November 2003, OK! was awarded £1,033,156 in damages, and Jones and Douglas received £14,600.
- 2006 – Hello, which secured the British rights to the first images of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's newborn daughter, launched legal action with People against two websites that printed a leaked exclusive shot of the couple with their new baby daughter. The leaked photo, which contains Hello magazine's logo, shows a headline which reads: "The biggest exclusive of the year. Angelina and Brad with their new Baby Shiloh Nouvel." People magazine reportedly paid more than $4 million USD to secure the American rights.
- Gough-Yates, Ann (2003). Understanding Women's Magazines: Publishing, Markets and Readership. London and New York: Routledge. p. 2. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Hello Magazine". Magazine.co.uk. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Rogers makes major retreat from print media, taking four titles online, shopping others". Financial Post. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Scott, D. B. (24 August 2006). "Hello! debuts this week". Canadian Magazines. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Madrid takes hold of Canada's Hello!". Masthead Online News Archives. 22 January 2007. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Powell, Chris (8 April 2009). "Hello!'s Rising Star". Marketing. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Brangelina 'million dollar baby' sparks legal war". CTV. 7 June 2006. Archived from the original on 6 October 2006. Retrieved 7 June 2006.