Henrik Åström (born 11 January 1980) is a Swedish composer and music producer. He is the son of the Swedish archaeologist Paul Åström and owner of the record label and publishing company A-Stream Productions since 2002.
Film and theatre
Åström has written music for many feature films, such as the dramas Child of Grace and Cowboys and Indians by the award-winning director Ian McCrudden, Scammerhead by writer/director Dan Zukovic and Internment by writer/director Kast Hasa. In 2011 he composed the score for the drama Jake and Jasper – A Ferret Tale that was awarded with a 2012 Remi Award at the Worldfest-Houston international Film Festival.
Åström has also written and performed music for the Butoh dancer and choreographer Frauke. He composed the music and created the sound design for her theatre work Ama-No-Gawa that was performed at the National Arts Festival in Grahamstown, South Africa, in 2010, and the solo dance performance Endangered that was performed at Atalante in Gothenburg in 2012. He also composed music for the dance festival Dance Bistro that was performed in Long Beach, California, in 2013.
Åström was the owner of the recording studio A-Stream Studio at Sankt Eriksplan in Stockholm, Sweden, between 2002 and 2012. At this studio location he worked with artists such as Miss Li, Oh Laura, Erik Grönwall, Titiyo, Thomas Denver Jonsson, Annis Brander and Zooparty. Zooparty was co-produced by the former Sex Pistols member Glen Matlock.
- Internment (2018) - composer
- Hope (2017) - composer
- Holding the Wire (2016) - composer
- Riddle Room (2016) - composer
- Dude, Where's My Ferret? (2015) - composer **VISFF Goldie Award Winner**
- Migration (2015) - composer
- Make Your Mark (2014) - composer
- Santa's Little Ferrets (2014) - composer
- Child of Grace (2014) - composer
- Scammerhead (2014) - composer
- My Deja Vu (2014) - composer
- Eyes Upon Waking (2014) - composer
- The Stray (2013) - composer
- The Magic Ferret (2013) - composer
- The Last Goodbye (2013) - composer
- Cowboys and Indians (2013) - composer
- The Beginning (2013) - composer
- The Gelephant (2013) - composer
- Captain Blackout (2013) - composer
- Larry Brought Lemon (2012) - composer
- Mango Bajito (2012) - composer
- Chameleon (2012) - composer
- Jake and Jasper: A Ferret Tale (2011) - composer
- Alice Wants Dessert (2011) - composer
- Mango Bajito - Original Motion Picture Score (2017)
- Holding the Wire - Original Motion Picture Score (2016)
- Child of Grace - Original Motion Picture Score (2015)
- Cowboys and Indians (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2013)
- Cajsa Siik, Plastic House (2012)
- Annis Brander, Glass People in the Woods (2011)
- Min Lilla Värld, Min Lilla Värld (2010)
- Kristina Westberg, Good Days (2009)
- Zooparty (feat. Glen Matlock), Re-fuse (2009)
- Charle Porter, Charlee Porter (2008)
- Annis Brander (feat. Titiyo), If it's a dead fish, it's a dead fish (2008)
- Miss Li, God Put a Rainbow in the Sky (2007)
- Miss Li, Late Night Heartbroken Blues (2006)
- Child of Grace on IMDb
- Cowboys and Indians on IMDb
- Scammerhead on IMDb
- Internment on IMDb
- Jake and Jasper – A Ferret Tale on IMDb
- Göteborgs-Posten 5 May 2012, p. 87, by: Lis Hellström Sveningson, "Endangered av Frauke"
- LA Weekly 23 May 2013, by: Ann Haskins, "Five Dance Events to See in L.A. This Week, Including a Salsa Convention"
- Glen Matlock's visit to Stockholm, Sweden, by Erik Pettersson
- Resume 25 September 2009, by: Magnus Helander
- Direktpress 19 June 2010, Vol. 23, Iss. 1, p. 16, by: Camilla Käck, "Henrik Åström bjuder in till sin värld av musik"
- "National Arts Festival – Ama-No-Gawa", review by Sifiso Sikhakhane, Artsmart, 24 June 2010
- Rootstime, September 2011
- Swedish Stereo Sep 12, 2012, "Cajsa Siik – Was I Supposed To"
- Neufutur Magazine Jan 15, 2014, by: James McQuiston, "Henrik Åström Interview"
- Henrik Åström on IMDb