Henry A. Fischel
Fischel was an influential figure in founding the Jewish Studies Program at Indiana University. Under his direction, the Lilly Endowment gave the university a grant in 1972-73 to develop a Jewish Studies Program. Professor Fischel lived in Bloomington, Indiana until his death in 2008.
Rabbinic Literature and Greco-Roman Philosophy: A Study of Epicurea and Rhetorica in Midrash (Leiden, 1973).
- -- Essays in Greco-Roman and Related Talmudic Literature, ed. by Henry A. Fischel, (New York: KTAV Publishing, 1977)
- -- "Story and History: Observations on Greco-Roman Rhetoric and Pharisaism." Denis Sinor, editor. American Oriental Society, Middle West Branch, Semi-Centennial Volume. Bloomington, IL; 1969; pp. 59–78.
- ---. Story and History: Observations on Greco-Roman Rhetoric and Pharisaism. In Henry Fischel, editor. Essays in Greco-Roman and Related Talmudic Literature. New York: Ktaw; 1977; pp. 443–472
- --"Studies in Cynicism and the Ancient Near East: the Transformation of a Chria." In Religions in Antiquity: Essays in Memory of Erwin Ramsdell Goodenough 372-411. 1968. Leiden.
- ---. "The Uses of Sorites (Climax, Gradatio) in the Tannaitic Period." Hebrew University College Annual. 1973; 44:119-151.
- --- The First Book of . Fischel, Henry A. (Henry Schocken Books, 1948.