Henry Bromley Derry
He was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, christened on 9 September 1885, the son of Henry Derry and Elizabeth Edkins. He was educated at King Edward VI School, Stratford-upon-Avon. He studied under Sir Walter Parratt, Frederick Bridge, and was at the Royal College of Music from 1906 - 1910.
He was awarded his FRCO in 1907 and subsequently a D.Mus
He married Gertrude Powell on 27 April 1909. They had a daughter named Aileen Gertrude Joyce Derry on 11 May 1910.
From 1915 to 1918 he served as bandmaster in the King's Own Royal Regiment (Lancaster).
He became Chairman of the Corporation and Director of the London College of Music.
- Assistant Organist of the Church of the Holy Trinity, Stratford-upon-Avon 1903 - 1908
- Organist of St. Mary's Church, Vauxhall, 1908
- Organist of All Saints' Church, Ealing 1908 - ????
- Organist of the Savoy Chapel, London 1914 - 1954
- Director of the London College of Music W1 1915
- Who's Who in Music. Shaw Publishing Limited. 1949-50
- British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920 Record for Henry Bromley Derry
- The London Gazette. 2 May 1944. 2026
- Western Daily Press - Wednesday 14 January 1914
- God Save the Queen!: The History and Romance of the World's First National Anthem. Percy Alfred Scholes. Oxford University Press, 1954