Henryk z Wierzbnej
|Henryk z Wierzbna|
|Bishop of Wrocław|
|Diocese||Prince-Bisphoric of Wrocław|
|Predecessor||Johann III Romka|
|Successor||Sede vacante (then Nanker)|
|Died||September 23, 1319|
His time in office was notable for his organization of a Court of the Inquisition in 1315 the result of which included burning at the stake more than 50 people convicted of heresy in the towns of Wroclaw, Swidnica and Nysa. His inquisition was particularly against Beguines and Beghards.
He died 23 September 1319. and was buried in the Wrocław Cathedral. Due to competing claims a replacement Bishop was not appointed for seven years following his death and the dicocese was administered by his canon Nicholas of Banz.
- Colmar Grünhagen : Henry I (of Würben) In:. General German Biography (ADB). Volume 11, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig, 1880, pp. 507–509.
- Constantin von Wurzbach:Henry the Younger in:. Biographical Dictionary of the Austrian Empire tape 58.(In German) Verlag L. C. Zamarski, Wien 1889, S. 178. Publisher L. C. Zamarski, Vienna, 1889, p. 178
- Kurt Engelbert: Heinrich I. v. Würben in the New German Biography (NDB). Volume 8, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, 1969, ISBN 3-428-00189-3, p 354 ( digitized )(IN German).
- Jan Kopiec, in: Erwin Gatz (Ed.): The bishops of the Holy Roman Empire From 1198 to 1448. Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-428-10303-3 page 110.
- Bishops of Wroclaw at the Wrocław Diocese Webpage .
- m. Banaszak, History of the Catholic Church, Warsaw, 1991, vol. 2, p. 148,
- P. Karst, Ad abolendam diversarum haeresium pravitatem. The Inquisition System in medieval Europe, BALLS, 2006, p. 416
- Bishops of Wroclaw at GCatholic.org.
- Herb Thomas, gentlemen of Wierzbnej. The study of genealogy, London, 2006.
Johann III Romka
|Bishop of Wrocław
|This article about a Polish Catholic bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|