|Herbert M. Rinaldi|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the Essex County District 11E
Serving with John N. Dennis
Serving with David Goldfarb
|Born||August 16, 1928|
|Died||September 25, 2010(aged 82)|
Herbert Milton Rinaldi (August 16, 1928 - September 25, 2010) was an American Republican Party politician who served in the New Jersey General Assembly.
Rinaldi was a 1949 graduate of Princeton University and received his law degree from Columbia University in 1952. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1952 to 1955. He was the Chairman of the Glen Ridge Young Republican Club and was the Counsel to the Essex County Young Republicans.
He was elected to the New Jersey State Assembly in 1967, running in Essex County District 11E. Running with John N. Dennis, they defeated Beatrice Carlson and Joseph Napolitano in the Republican primary. In the general election, Rinaldi and Dennis defeated Democrats Ralph G. Conte and John T. Regan.
After redistricting, he ran for re-election to a second term in 1969 with David Goldfarb. They defeated Democrats Joseph C. Barry, Jr. and Edward J. Lynch. He did not seek re-election to a third term in 1971.
During his four years in the Legislature, Rinaldi served as Chairman of the Assembly Committee on Conservation and Natural Resources, the Assembly Judiciary Committee and the Assembly Committee on Law Enforcement and Public Safety. The Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University named him at the Outstanding Legislator of the Year in 1969.
- Fitzgerald's Legislative Manual of New Jersey. Joseph J. Gribbons. 1971. p. 393.
- "1967 Primary Election Results" (PDF). New Jersey Division of Elections. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- "1967 General Election Results" (PDF). New Jersey Division of Elections. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- "1969 General Election Results" (PDF). New Jersey Division of Elections. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- "Herbert M. Rinaldi". The Star-Ledger. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|