Here Comes the Bride (2010 film)
|Here Comes the Bride|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Chris Martinez|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio
|Written by||Chris Martinez|
|Music by||Von de Guzman|
|Cinematography||Rodolfo Aves Jr.|
|Edited by||Ike Veneracion|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
The role of Toffee was initially offered to the fastest rising star that time Vice Ganda but his manager Ogie Diaz turned down the offer due to Vice's conflicts on schedule and Vice's also started shooting his launching movie Petrang Kabayo when the role was offered to him.
Here Comes the Bride tells the story of five different people who get their souls switched in the middle of a wedding preparation on a solar eclipse. Stefanie's (the bride) soul gets into the body of the snobby Precy, whose soul gets into the yaya, Medelyn, whose soul switches with Bien, the grandfather, whose soul enters the gay beautician's body, Toffee, whose soul enters Stefanie's body. The problem is the souls are happy where they are except for the bride, whose wedding is coming. She now has to find a way to get into their own bodies.
The story revolves around five people, Stephanie (Angelica Panganiban), who is about to get married to Harold (Tom Rodriguez). Her mother (Cherry Pie Picache) picked on the date when the solar eclipse shall occur. Precy (Eugene Domingo) is a rude and aloof lawyer who was picked as the godmother of the bride. Medelyn (Tuesday Vargas) is a sacrificial nanny to her troubled ward. Bien (Jaime Fabregas) is the hypersexual paternal grandfather of Harold. Toffee (John Lapus) is a desperate image stylist. Upon traveling for the wedding, they are travelling the Magnetic Hill in Los Baños, Laguna on their way to Batangas, where the wedding is to be held. When the eclipse happened, an accident occurred. Precy's soul went into Medelyn's body. Medelyn's soul went into Bien. Bien's went to Toffee. Toffee's went to Stefanie and Stefanie's went to Precy.
On the day of her wedding, Precy who has the soul of Stefanie seek the help of Kim Atienza. The solar eclipse happens once every two years. The five waited two years for the eclipse to happen. After two years, they attempt to repeat the accident on the Magnetic Hill. On the first attempt, Stefanie has the soul of Medelyn, Precy has the soul of Bien, Medelyn has the soul of Toffee, Toffee has the soul of Precy and Bien has the soul of Stefanie. On the second attempt, Stefanie was with the soul of Bien, Precy has the soul of Toffee, Bien has the soul of Precy, Toffee has the soul of Medelyn and Medelyn has the soul of Stefanie. When they attempt for the third time, Stefanie has the soul of Precy, who has the soul of Medelyn, who has the soul of Bien, who has the soul of Toffee, who has the soul of Stefanie. They get back to normal on the fourth and final attempt. Before the end of the movie, everyone were confined at the hospital due to their injuries which they got after doing again the accident. The movie concludes with Stephanie and Harold making out inside one of the hospital rooms. After the credits, the movie said that they were connected even from the beginning of humans in the Philippines.
Cast and characters
- Angelica Panganiban as Stephanie/Stef - A very shy bride who is about to marry Harold, her boyfriend. She is a Maria Clara type of girl, who will do everything to save her virginity for soon-to-be husband. But after the accident, her soul transferred into the body of her godmother, Precy. Image stylist Toffee was transferred into Stephanie's body.
- Eugene Domingo as Precy - A judge who is a friend of Doris, Stephanie's mother. Her soul was transferred into Medelyn (Yaya)'s body. Because of this, through Medelyn's body, she made Medelyn's domesticated child a kind and a polite one. Stephanie was transferred into Precy.
- John Lapus as Toffee - The image stylist who wants to be a woman. After the accident, his soul was transferred into a beautiful lady, Stephanie, the bride.
- Tuesday Vargas as Medelyn - A yaya who is a province lady who takes care of a spoiled kid. Her soul transferred into Bien's body, while in her body is Precy's soul.
- Jaime Fabregas as Bien - Harold's hyper sexual grandfather. His soul transferred to the Beautician or Image Stylist's body (Toffee) while in him is Medelyn, the yaya.
- Tom Rodriguez as Harold - Stephanie's boyfriend or the groom. When the accident happened, he thought Toffee was Stephanie when the wedding happened. In the end, he thought of a plan on how the situation was going to be back to normal before the 2 years came.
- Cherry Pie Picache as Doris - Stephanie's mother and Precy's high school classmate
- Cai Cortez as Marize - Stephanie's high school best friend and Bien's new wife. She was the first person to know that the souls that were included in the accident were transferred in different bodies.
- Ayen Munji-Laurel as mom of Inaki
- Neil Ryan Sese as dad of Inaki
- Kim Atienza as himself (Kuya Kim) - He helped the characters get back in their own bodies.
- Ricky Rivero - hairstylist associate of Toffee
- Ricci Chan - make-up artist associate of Toffee
The movie received positive reviews from viewers and critics. Philbert Ortiz Dy of ClickTheCity gave the film 4 stars out of 5, stating: "Here Comes the Bride is one of the best comedies I’ve seen all year." ReelAdvice rate the film 4.5/5 saying, "Very, very funny. We can bet that you won’t be able to count the number of times you’ll laugh out loud" the site also praise the cast stating," talented powerhouse cast was really brilliant."
In 2010, It was said to be believed the Box Office Summer Blockbuster internationally running for 3 months through theaters and was successful in DVD and Home Video Sales distributed by Star Home Video due to its critically acclaimed performances.
It also paved way for Sensational comediennes Tuesday Vargas, John Lapus and Critically Acclaimed Comedianne Eugene Domingo and 2009's Best Actress Nominee Angelica Panganiban for her role in another Star Cinema Box Office Hit and Metro Manila Film Festival of 2009 2nd Best Picture (I Love You, Goodbye) In Fact, Angelica Panganiban who has grown to be a versatile Drama Actress through Primetime Drama TV Series and Dramatic Movies has never been in a lead in A Box Office Comedy said "It was not only an honor, to work with Veteran and Ace Comediannes who have been numerously and mostly seen, but an honor also to have them as friends and teachers, and advisors to guide to this new genre as a lead in a film with various actors who have had tons of experience and awards i'm blessed" she quoted in a Mid-February interview with Late Night Showbiz News Oriented show Showbiz News Ngayon in March 2010.
Its first day gross totaled to ₱12 million, according to the report that was shown in SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon. According to Box Office Mojo, the film had grossed P42.1 million on its weekend debut, beating Iron Man 2 in Philippine Box-Office. The film's fifth week debut totaled to P117 million.
|2011||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Most Popular Screenwriter||Chris Martinez||Won|
|Comedy Actor of the Year||John Lapus||Won|
|Comedy Actress of the Year||Angelica Panganiban||Won|
- Box Office Mojo (May 26-30)
- Angelica Panganiban says production for Here Comes The Bride sequel is still on hold retrieved on August 3, 2011 via www.pep.ph
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.