Hermann station (Missouri)
Hermann station in November 2016.
|Location||301 Wharf Street
Herman, MO 65041
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||September 28, 1991|
|Rebuilt||September 12, 2014|
|Passengers (2017)||25,633 5.45%|
Hermann is an Amtrak train station in Hermann, Missouri, United States. Hermann became a permanent stop on September 28, 1991 when the Mules and Ann Rutledge began stopping there. Trains had previously stopped only during Hermann's annual Maifest and Octoberfest.
A rebuilt station was approved for construction in 2006 and opened on September 12, 2014. The one story depot features a random rubble stone veneer base, walls clad in traditional clapboard siding and a hipped roof. The waiting room is trimmed in bead board wainscoting, and there are also accessible restrooms. Displays trace the area’s transportation history, with a focus on the Missouri River, railroads and roadways. Funding for the project came through the Federal Highway Administration's Transportation Enhancements program, the city of Hermann and the Dierberg Educational Foundation, a local non-profit organization that supports projects to preserve the region’s cultural heritage.
- Claxton, Dan (12 September 2014). "Hermann celebrates new Amtrak station". Connect Mid Missouri. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of Missouri" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "At last, Hermann will get the trains to stop; Amtrak will begin the service Sept. 28. Arrivals will come from Kansas City, St. Louis". Kansas City Star. September 9, 1991. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Eardley, Linda (October 23, 1991). "SRO plagues Hermann; train seat shortage is a flaw that's been lurking on the railroad". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. p. 3A.
- "Hermann Station". Amtrak's Great American Stations. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Amtrak – Stations – Hermann, MO
- Hermann Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Hermann, MO (HEM) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Missouri train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|