High Fidelity (company)
|Headquarters||San Francisco, USA|
|Philip Rosedale (Co-Founder)|
Ryan Downe (Co-Founder)
Freidrica Heiberger (Co-founder)
This article needs to be updated.(April 2018)
High Fidelity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco.
High Fidelity was founded in April 2013 by Second Life founder and former CEO Philip Rosedale, Ryan Downe, and Freidrica Heiberger. The company was formed to create a next-generation social virtual reality platform. High Fidelity Inc. raised 2.4 million dollars in early 2013, led by True Ventures and Google Ventures. In 2015, High Fidelity raised an additional 11 million dollars from Vulcan Capital, and in December 2016, it raised another 22 million dollars in an investment round let by IDG Capital and Breyer Capital.
High Fidelity provides a social virtual reality platform for users to create and deploy virtual worlds, and explore and interact together in them. The software is free and open source, and it supports the Oculus Rift (DK2 and CV1), including Oculus Touch controllers, and the HTC Vive, including HTC Vive Trackers.
On April 27, 2016, High Fidelity entered open beta.
In 2017 High Fidelity started offering original programming to players. HiFi has the first network ordered VR show titled Glitched: A VR Talk Show from Studio Capon and followed up with a weekly streamed dance party series with in VR DJ Tha Phlash.  
- Ha, Anthony (2013-04-19). "True Ventures Confirms Investment In Second Life Founder Philip Rosedale's New Startup High Fidelity". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- Rao, Lenna (2013-04-04). "Second Life Founder Raises $2.4M For New Stealth Startup, High Fidelity". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- Russell, Kyle. "High Fidelity Raises $11M To Build Deployable Virtual Worlds". TechCrunch. TechCrunch. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Lang, Ben. "VR Metaverse Company High Fidelity Raises $22 Million in New Funding". Road to VR. Road to VR. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- James, Paul. "Watch: 'High Fidelity' Live Demo at SVVR 2016, Beta Client Access Available Now". Road to VR. Road to VR. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Durbin, Joe. "High Fidelity Social VR Beta Released". UploadVR. UploadVR. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Schultz, Ryan. "Glitched: A VR Talk Show Set in Virtual Reality". Ryan Shultz. Ryan Schultz. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Takahashi, Dean. "The DeanBeat: High Fidelity takes us dancing in a virtual reality club". VentureBeat. VentureBeat. Retrieved 16 February 2018.