||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Kara Goldin (CEO), Theo Goldin (COO)|
Hint Water is a $90 million beverage company started and based in San Francisco, California as an alternative to soda and sugar beverages. It was started by former AOL employee Kara Goldin interested in making a drink alternative to help combat the rising obesity epidemic in the United States. As the company has grown, the goal of hint water has evolved to providing consumers with a healthy sugar free drink without diet sweeteners and use the slogan: drink water, not sugar.
Hint Water was developed in 2005 when its founder, Kara Goldin, was unhappy with the amounts of sugar and preservatives in her children's juices. Goldin then began to create the drink within her own home and selling the finished product from her garage. Also at this time, Goldin was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when pregnant, which also led her to develop a sugar-free alternative to other drinks. Kara Goldin soon left her job as an AOL executive to become the CEO of Hint Water and later her husband, Theo Goldin, became the COO of the company. Hint Water Inc. was launched in 2005 as a full functioning company dedicated to producing unsweetened water.
Hint Water has two lines of water: Hint Fizz and Hint Water. Each bottle of Hint Water is 16 ounces. All Hint products are promised to be all natural, sugar free, and zero calories. Hint Water is the original line put out by Hint Water and consists of solely water and all natural fruit flavoring. These flavors include: Watermelon, Blackberry, Pomegranate-Tangerine, Mango-Grapefruit, Strawberry-Kiwi, Raspberry, Cucumber, Pear, Honeydew-Hibiscus, Peach, Blood Orange, Pineapple, Crisp Apple, Lime, and Cherry. Fizz is Hint's Water line that is sparkling water and is their healthy alternative to soda without diet sweeteners. Fizz flavors include blackberry, watermelon, and strawberry-kiwi; a candy-like peppermint and peach flavors have been released multiple times as well.
Hint Water has received many awards including Men's Health's Best Flavored Water in 2009 and 2012 for Mango-Grapefruit. In Self magazine, Hint was named the best flavored water as well inside the Healthy Food Awards 2012 and Raspberry-Lime was featured. Hint Fizz has also received multiple awards as well for all flavors in the Better Homes and Gardens: New Product Awards 2012 and in the Stevie Awards: Silver Award for Best New Product or Service of the Year. At the Stevie Awards, not only did Hint Fizz win the Silver award in the Best New Product or Service of the Year, but Hint's Founder and CEO was given the Gold Stevie Award for Female Entrepreneur of the Year in the category of Business Products. Additionally, Hint's Founder and CEO was also named a winner of EY's Entrepreneurial Winning Women Award in 2012 
- "Kara Goldin helped Hint Water become $90 million company". Forbes. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Hint Water: Out to Conquer Vitaminwater — and Obesity Too". Time. 2010-08-09. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Hint Thirsts For A Bigger Audience - Forbes". Archive.is. 2010-08-03. Archived from the original on 2013-06-29. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "HINT water Fizz; Product Info". Drinkhint.com. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "The Healthiest Drinks for Men | Men's Health". Menshealth.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Shopping List: Healthy Food Awards 2012: Food & Diet". Self.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "HINT Fizz Wins a 2012 Better Homes and Gardens Best New Product". Prnewswire.com. 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Kara Goldin, CEO & Founder, HINT, Inc. and HINT Fizz Win Gold". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Ernst & Young LLP announces 11 national winners of 2012 Entrepreneurial Winning WomenTM Program". Ey.com. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2014-01-28.