|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Active||1925 (HUBrussel since 2007)–2014 (Odisee from 2014 on)|
|Rector||Dirk De Ceulaer|
|Students||9,000 (degree programmes); 9,500 (postgraduate programmes)|
|Location||Brussels, Belgium |
|Campus||Brussels and Dilbeek|
|Affiliations||KU Leuven Association|
Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel (HUBrussel or HUB) was a European university founded in 2007. HUBrussel was the result of a merger between Brussels-based colleges European University College Brussels, Vlekho, HONIM and Catholic University of Brussels (KUBrussel).
From 2013 on, university level degrees were organised by KU Leuven. Professional bachelor's degrees remained at HUB till HUB itself merged with the Katholieke Hogeschool Sint-Lieven in 2014 and became Odisee.
European University College Brussels (EHSAL) was founded in 1925.
Since the merger with VLEKHO, HONIM and KUBrussel in 2008, more than 9,000 students are now attending classes in undergraduate, graduate and academic advanced programmes at seven faculties. HUBrussel had five faculties in Brussels, one in Dilbeek. There used to be one in Dubai, called European University College Brussels Dubai, but this has been closed.
HUBrussel programmes are organised by two educational divisions
Academic bachelors and masters
- Economics and management:
- Commercial sciences
- Business engineering
- Environment, health and safety management
- Linguistics and literature:
- Applied linguistics
- Interpretation, translation
- Multilingual communication
The professional bachelors include four fields of study that offer 13 undergraduate programmes:
- Nursery teaching
- Primary education
- Secondary education
- Health care:
- Occupational therapy
- Medical imaging
- Optics and optometry
- Social and community work:
- Social work
- Socio-educational care work
- Family sciences
- Commercial sciences and management
- Operations management
- Office management
- Applied informatics
- The number of participants in postgraduate programmes and seminars amounts to 9500
- Over 500 regular non-EU students in degree programmes in Brussels
- Over 100 regular (non-Belgian) EU students in degree programmes in Brussels
- Appr. 170 inbound exchange students and 110 outbound exchange students
- Number of staff: 1100
- "Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel". Eunicas.
- "Hogeschool Universiteit Brussel (HUB)". Katholiek Onderwijs.
- "Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel". Masterstudies.
- "European University College Brussels Dubai". Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "KU Leuven University, Belgium". Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "K.U.Leuven Association". Retrieved 29 April 2014.