Holy Sepulchre Cemetery (Rochester, New York)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Location||Rochester, New York|
|Size||332 acres (1.34 km2)|
|Find a Grave||Holy Sepulchre Cemetery|
- Patrick Barry, co-founder of the Ellwanger & Barry Nursery that helped change Rochester from the "Flour City" to the "Flower City"
- Raymond J. Bowman, United States Army infantryman who served in World War II and the subject of several notable photographs taken by Robert Capa that were published in Life magazine.
- Louise Brooks, famous silent film actress
- Assunta Cantisano, co-founder of Ragú
- Richard J. Curran, Mayor of Rochester and Medal of Honor recipient
- Red Dooin, catcher and manager for the Philadelphia Phillies
- James P.B. Duffy, congressman
- Jean Giambrone, Rochester's "First Lady of Sports," the first female to be awarded full press credentials at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia.
- "Rattlesnake Pete" Gruber, local eccentric, owner of Rattlesnake Pete Museum of rattlesnakes and oddities
- Edward D. Hoch, author of detective fiction
- George Mogridge, pitcher for the New York Yankees and Washington Senators and other teams
- Ralph E. Quattrociocchi, state senator
- Colonel Patrick O'Rorke, civil war hero
- Peter Ereg, U.S. Army World War II veteran, Bronze Star recipient, "Valiant Of Heart"
- Francis Tumblety, Jack the Ripper suspect
- Catherine de Valera Wheelwright, mother of Éamon de Valera
- Rochester Wiki Page - information, photos and links
|This article about a location in Monroe County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|