Holy Spirit Hospital
|Holy Spirit−A Geisinger Affiliate|
|Sisters of Christian Charity|
|Location||Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Network||Geisinger Health System|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Pennsylvania|
Holy Spirit Hospital is a 307-bed non-profit Catholic community hospital located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and serves as the primary facility for its related health system. The hospital was founded in 1963 and is sponsored by the Sisters of Christian Charity.
In 2003, the hospital opened the Ortenzio Heart Center, a four-story, 140,000-square-foot (13,000 m2) facility located adjacent to the hospital specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of heart problems.
Holy Spirit Health System, provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and includes a regional network of six family health centers, one internal medicine office, a pediatric practice and two women's health centers. The health system employs over 550 physicians in a variety of specialties to include women’s health, cardiovascular care and orthopedic, stroke, and rehabilitative services. Holy Spirit is a Level III Neonatal intensive-care unit. Physician residency programs, affiliated with Memorial Hospital in York, Pennsylvania, exist on-site for emergency medicine and surgery.
Geisinger-Holy Spirit Health System
On September 9, 2013, Holy Spirit Health System signed a letter of intent with Geisinger Health System, a world-class health care organization that serves the needs of 2 million people in 31 counties in central Pennsylvania. The letter of intent serves as a necessary step to explore affiliation options.
- "About Us | Our Mission". www.hsh.org. Holy Spirit Hospital. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- About Holy Spirit Hospital Holy Spirit Health System, accessed February 4, 2010.
- "Ortenzio Heart Center at Holy Spirit". www.hsh.org. Holy Spirit Hospital. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Honorees of PDC's Partner in Patient Safety Success Story Contest". Precision Dynamics Corporation. 17 November 2008. Archived from the original on 17 November 2007. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Medical Education - Residency - Memorial Hospital York, PA". www.mhyork.org. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Major hospital development: Holy Spirit and Geisinger will explore affiliation". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-03-22.