Home Sweet Home (1973 film)
|Home Sweet Home|
|Directed by||Benoît Lamy|
|Produced by||Jacqueline Pierreux
|Written by||Rudolph Pauli
|Country||Belgium / France|
Home Sweet Home is a 1973 Belgian/French comedy film directed by Benoît Lamy, starring Claude Jade, Jacques Perrin, Marcel Josz, Ann Petersen, Jacques Lippe, Elise Mertens and Jane Meuris. It was entered into the 8th Moscow International Film Festival where it won a Diploma.
It all began on the day when a new boarder, Flore (Jane Meuris), arrived on the scene. Flore considers the home as a hotel. Jules (Marcel Josz), surprised by her comes to life. And disaster follows… The management steps in: Claire (Claude Jade), the nurse has a love-affair, Jacques (Jacques Perrin), the social worker, highly regarded by the old folks, is sacked. Now the town, which has a stake in the home, takes drastic measures: the chief of police (Jacques Lippe) assists the manager (Ann Petersen) with loving care. Home Sainte-Marguerite is running amok. It all happens in a flash: the mutiny, the fire on the fourth floor, the fire brigade, the panic.
The protagonists of this film are elderly people who live in an old folks home in Brussels where daily living is dictated by militarist rules and where they are treated with condescension, and are there even humiliated as disobedient children. Claire, a beautiful and hard nurse is a young woman under the influence of the director, who does not dare say what she thinks, and the rules applies. Gradually, thanks to welfare Jacques, Claire realises, that old people the right have to live and independent to believe in that Home.
- Claude Jade as Mademoiselle Claire
- Jacques Perrin as Jacques, l'assistant social
- Ann Petersen as Yvonne, la directrice de la maison de retraite
- Marcel Josz as Jules Claes
- Jane Meuris as Flore
- Elise Mertens as Anna Van Grammelaer
- Jacques Lippe as Le commissaire de police
- Andrée Garnier as Cora
- Dynma Appelmans as Marguerite Van Der Plats
- Henriette Lambeau as Annette Poels
- Josée Gelman as Simone
- "8th Moscow International Film Festival (1973)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- Home Sweet Home at the Internet Movie Database
- Home Sweet Home at AllMovie
- Picture: Jacques Perrin, Claude Jade: Home sweet Home
|This article related to a Belgian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1970s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|