Homework (1982 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||James Beshears|
|Produced by||James Beshears|
|Written by||Maurice Peterson|
|Music by||Tony Jones|
|Edited by||Allen Persselin|
Jensen Farley Pictures
Homework tells the story of Tommy (Michael Morgan), a young rock star who is also a virgin. As he tries to lose his virginity to local high school girls, a classmate's mother (Joan Collins) decides to make a man of him.
- Joan Collins as Diana
- Michael Morgan as Tommy
- Shell Kepler as Lisa
- Lanny Horn as Ralph
- Erin Donovan as Sheila
- Lee Purcell as Ms. Jackson
- Renée Harris as Cookie
- Mark Brown as Mix
- Steve Gustafson as John
- Carrie Snodgress as Dr. Delingua
- Wings Hauser as Reddog
- Betty Thomas as Reddog's secretary
The day before the film's premiere, it was reported that Joan Collins, Betty Thomas, Carrie Snodgress and Lee Purcell had all taken legal action to get their names removed from the credits. Collins claimed that the film's advertising was misleading because she had only performed in a minor supporting role shot two years earlier, but a sex scene had been added afterward using a body double to cash in on her new celebrity status from the hit TV show Dynasty. The other three performers claimed they had been under a false impression about the kind of film they were making. Collins' attorneys won a partial victory when a federal court ordered Jensen Farley Pictures to stop using ads that depicted Collins nude.
Variety called the film "a very poorly-made sex comedy" with "plentiful post-production doctoring" in evidence. Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune gave the film zero stars out of four, declaring: "A miserable excuse for a movie. One of the year's worst." Dale Pollock wrote in the Los Angeles Times that the film was marred by "poor photography, sloppy editing and atrocious acting," and that the body double in the sex scene "doesn't even resemble Collins."
- Homework at Box Office Mojo
- "Homework - History". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. American Film Institute. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Judge Bars Ads Depicting Collins' Nude 'Homework'". Variety. September 1, 1982. p. 5.
- "Film Reviews: Homework". Variety. September 1, 1982. 8.
- Siskel, Gene (September 3, 1982). "Siskel's Flicks Picks". Chicago Tribune. Section 3, p. 10.
- Pollock, Dale (September 1, 1982). "'Homework' Gets Flunking Grade". Los Angeles Times. Part VI, p. 2.
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|