This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maibach was born on 18 July 1929, in New York, NY. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in 1955, and completed his internship from William Beaumont Army Hospital, El Paso, TX in 1956. He later completed his Fellowship from Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 1961. He also practiced neuropsychiatry for few months in 1956.
He is a specialist in contact and occupational dermatitis, including the toxicological and pharmacological aspects. . He is also known for his work in neonatal skin, dose response of topical drugs and per-cutaneous penetration.
He has written over 2700 research articles, which according to an estimate could be a world record.
Maibach was awarded an honorary PhD by Universite de Paris-Sud in 1985 and Université Claude Bernard, Lyon in 2008. In 2013, he was awarded the "Master Dermatologist Award" by the American Academy of Dermatology.
- "University of California, San Francisco".
- "Alexandra" (PDF).[dead link]
- "Howard Maibach MD". UCSF Medical Center.
- M. Hamza, Hassaan Tohid, Howard Maibach, M. "Shaving effects on percutaneous penetration: clinical implications". Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology. 34: 335–43. doi:10.3109/15569527.2014.966109. PMID 25363065.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Vladyslava Doktor; Christine M Lee; Howard I Maibach. "Deep Percutaneous Penetration Into Muscles And Joints: Update".
- "International Journal of Drug Delivery".
- Maibach, Howard. "Dr Howard Maibach Honored With Master Dermatologist Award". Trans dermal delivery solutions. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
|This biography of an academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|