Howard Town Brewery
The brewery was established in the former Bridge End Fulling Mill with brewing kit from the Porter Brewing Co Ltd. In 2006, the mill caught fire and brewing was suspended until new premises were found at Hawkshead Mill in Old Glossop.
As well as the regular beers below, the brewery also produces occasional one-offs.
Bleaklow (abv 3.8%)
Monk's Gold (abv 4%)
Wren's Nest (abv 4.2%)
- Gold, Best Bitter category Sheffield Beer Festival September 2006
- Silver, Beer of Festival Sheffield Beer Festival September 2006
- Gold, Best Bitter category SIBA Midlands Beer Competition 2006
- Supreme Champion SIBA Midlands Beer Competition 2006
- Gold, Best Bitter category SIBA National Beer Competition 2007
- Supreme Champion SIBA National Beer Competition 2007
Dinting Arches (abv 4.5%)
Glott's Hop (abv 5.0%)
- 2nd place Strong Bitter category Huddersfield Oktoberfest 2005
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|