Hugo Lindgren is an American magazine and newspaper editor. He is currently the acting editor of The Hollywood Reporter. Previously, he was the editor of The New York Times Magazine from 2010 to 2013. In 2009 he coined the neologism "pessimism porn" to describe the alleged eschatological and survivalist thrill some people derive from reading about and preparing for the collapse of civil society from a global economic crisis.
- Hugo Lindgren to Join The Hollywood Reporter as Acting Editor
- Peters, Jeremy (2010-09-30). "Hugo Lindgren Named Editor of The Times Magazine". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Pessimism Porn? Economic Forecasts Get Lurid, Dan Harris, ABC News, April 9, 2009; accessed July 8, 2012
- Apocalypse and Post-Politics: The Romance of the End, Mary Manjikian, Lexington Books, March 15, 2012, ISBN 0739166220
- Pessimism Porn: Titillatingly bleak media reports, Ben Schott, New York Times, February 23, 2009; accessed July 8, 2012
|This biographical article about a print editor of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|