Hugo O'Donnell, 7th Duke of Tetuan
He succeeded his father, Don Leopoldo O'Donnell y Lara, as Duke of Tetuan (Duque de Tetuán) and Grandee of Spain, which was confirmed per decree BOE 240 of October 7, 2005 issued by the Ministry of Justice in Madrid. The title commemorates the conquest of Tetuan in Morocco, by his ancestor, Leopoldo O'Donnell y Jorris, 1st Duque de Tetuan and former Prime Minister of Spain, in the mid-19th century. He is the recognised Tánaiste (or heir apparent) to The O'Donnell of Tyrconnell, Prince and Chief of the Name of the O'Donnells, who is a retired Franciscan priest, Fr. Hugh O'Donel, and whom he will succeed as Chief of the Name, according to the books by authors Berresford Ellis and Curley referenced below. The Duke is an active member of the Clan Association of the O'Donnells of Tyrconnell (of Ireland), and is a Knight of Malta. The Duke is also a naval historian, and former naval commander and Minister for the Marine in Spain.
The duke is married to Maria Armada, Countess de Lucena. Together they had four children:
- Carlos Leopoldo O'Donnell, 15th Marquis of Altamira and Grandee of Spain (born 1974)
- Maria Fuencisla O'Donnell (born 1975)
- Hugo José O'Donnell, 9th Marquis of las Salinas (born 1979)
- Alfonso O'Donnell, 7th Count of Lucena (born 1984)
- Erin’s Blood Royal – The Gaelic Noble Dynasties of Ireland, by Peter Berresford Ellis, Constable, London, 1999, (pages 251-258 on the O’Donel, Prince of Tirconnell).
- Vanishing Kingdoms - The Irish Chiefs and Their Families, by Walter J. P. Curley (former US Ambassador to Ireland), with foreword by Charles Lysaght, published by The Lilliput Press, Dublin, 2004 [ISBN 1-84351-055-3 & ISBN 1-84351-056-1]. (Chapter on O'Donnell of Tyrconnell, page 59).
- Official O'Donnell Clan website
-  Referenced works by Hugo O'Donnell y Duque de Estrada, Duke of Tetuan
- Don Hugo learns the Irish Language
|Duke of Tetuan
13 July 2005 – Present
|Marquis of Altamira||Succeeded by