Huxley College of the Environment
|Location||Bellingham, Washington, USA|
|Website||Huxley College of the Environment|
Huxley College of the Environment at Western Washington University is one of the oldest environmental colleges in the USA. The college is named after Thomas Henry Huxley, an English biologist who worked to advance the place of science in British life.
Departments and Programs
- B.S. in Environmental Science
- B.A. in Environmental Studies, Environmental Policy, Geography, Environmental Education, and Urban Planning and Sustainable Development
- Combined degrees in Environmental Studies-Elementary Education (B.A.E.), Geography-Elementary Education (B.A.E.), Geography-Social Studies (B.A.), Business and Sustainability (B.A.), and Economics-Environmental Studies (B.A.)
- M.S. Environmental Science
- M.S in Geography
- M.S. in Environmental Science, Marine and Estuarine Science (MESP)
- M.Ed. in Environmental Education
Huxley College Alumni
Over 5,000 students have graduated from Huxley College, many going on to work in various environmental-related industries including: habitat biology, renewable energy, environmental education, and more. Alumni are represented in the senior levels of various local, state, and federal institutions.