(Redirected from Hyperbolic (disambiguation))
|Look up hyperbolic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The following phenomena are described as hyperbolic because they manifest hyperbolas, not because something about them is exaggerated.
- Hyperbolic distribution, a probability distribution characterized by the logarithm of the probability density function being a hyperbola
- Hyperbolic equilibrium point, a fixed point that does not have any center manifolds
- Hyperbolic function, an analog of an ordinary trigonometric or circular function
- Hyperbolic geometry, a non-Euclidean geometry
- Hyperbolic group, a finitely generated group equipped with a word metric satisfying certain properties characteristic of hyperbolic geometry
- Hyperbolic growth, growth of a quantity toward a finite-time singularity
- Hyperbolic manifold, a complete Riemannian n-manifold of constant sectional curvature -1
- Hyperbolic navigation, a class of radio navigation systems based on the difference in timing between the reception of two signals, without reference to a common clock
- Hyperbolic number, a synonym for Split-complex number
- Hyperbolic paraboloid, a doubly ruled surface shaped like a saddle
- Hyperbolic partial differential equation, a partial differential equation (PDE) of order n that has a well-posed initial value problem for the first n−1 derivatives
- Hyperbolic plane can refer to:
- Hyperbolic soccerball, a tessellation of the hyperbolic plane
- Hyperbolic space, hyperbolic spatial geometry in which every point is a saddle point
- Hyperbolic trajectory, a Kepler orbit with eccentricity greater than 1
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hyperbolic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.