Jump to navigation Jump to search
The wingspan is 25–30 mm for males and 28–33 mm for females. Adults are on wing from September to May (with a peak in October and November) and from February to May (with a peak in March and April). There are two generations per year.
- Hypolycaena buxtoni buxtoni (Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Zimbabwe, Malawi)
- Hypolycaena buxtoni rogersi Bethune-Baker, 1924 (the coast of eastern Kenya and eastern Tanzania)
- Hypolycaena buxtoni spurcus Talbot, 1929 (Zambia, southern Zaire (Shaba), south-western Tanzania)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hypolycaena buxtoni.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Hypolycaena buxtoni|
- Hypolycaena at Markku Savela's Lepidoptera and Some Other Life Forms
- Woodhall, Steve (2005). Field Guide to Butterflies of South Africa. Cape Town, South Africa: Struik. ISBN 978-1-86872-724-7.
- Afrotropical Butterflies: Lycaenidae - Subtribe Hypolycaenina
|This Theclinae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|