I'm Gonna Love You Through It
|"I'm Gonna Love You Through It"|
|Single by Martina McBride|
|from the album Eleven|
|Released||July 25, 2011|
|Martina McBride singles chronology|
"I'm Gonna Love You Through It" is a song written by Ben Hayslip, Sonya Isaacs and Jimmy Yeary and recorded by American country music artist Martina McBride. It was released in July 2011 as the second single from her album Eleven. On November 30, 2011, the song received a nomination at the 54th Grammy Awards for Best Country Solo Performance.
The song is about a 38-year-old woman who is supported by her husband while battling breast cancer. The subject of the song survives. Co-writer Sonya Isaacs' inspiration for the song was her mother, Lily, who is a breast cancer survivor. It is in F major with an approximate tempo of 70 beats per minute, a vocal range of F3-D5 and a main chord pattern of F2-B♭2-F2.
Amanda Hensel of Taste of Country gave the song five stars out of five, saying that McBride "captures our hearts with this one, reminding us why she's one of the best in the business." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock also gave the song a positive review, writing that it has "all the hallmarks of her best and most powerful tunes."
"I'm Gonna Love You Through It" debuted at number 50 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of August 6, 2011. In its sixth week on the Hot 100, the song ascended to number 61. In January 2012, the song became McBride's first Top Ten hit since "Anyway" in 2007, nearly five years earlier. One month later, it peaked at number 4 on the country chart. The song has sold 561,000 copies in the US as of October 2015, and has since been certified Gold by the R.I.A.A
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||61|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||93|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||45|
- Conaway, Alanna (4 July 2011). "Martina McBride, 'I'm Gonna Love You Through It' – Lyrics Uncovered". Taste of Country. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Martina McBride's song becomes anthem for breast cancer survivors". The Tennesseean. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "'I'm Gonna Love You Through It' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- Hensel, Amanda (July 12, 2011). "Martina McBride, 'I'm Gonna Love You Through It' – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Bjorke, Matt (August 19, 2011). "Martina McBride - "I'm Gonna Love You Through It"". Roughstock. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Morris, Edward (July 30, 2011). "Blake Shelton Keeps Top Album Berth, Chris Young Scores Top Song". Country Music Television. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Grien, Paul (November 16, 2011). "Week Ending Nov. 13, 2011. Songs: Taylor & Kenny". Yahoo! Music. Yahoo. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Matt Bjorke (October 27, 2015). "Top 30 Digital Country Singles: October 27, 2015". Roughstock.
- Stromblad, Cory (August 18, 2011). "Martina McBride, 'I'm Gonna Love You Through It' -- New Video". The Boot. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- "Martina McBride – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Martina McBride.
- "Martina McBride – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Martina McBride.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.