|Single by Trace Adkins|
|from the album Chrome|
|Released||July 2, 2001|
|Length||4:45 (album version)|
|Trace Adkins singles chronology|
"I'm Tryin'" is a song written by Jeffrey Steele, Chris Wallin, and Anthony Smith and recorded by American country music artist Trace Adkins. It released in July 2001 as the lead-off single from his album Chrome. It peaked at number 6 in the United States.
"I'm Tryin'" is a mid-tempo narrated by a recently divorced man who is facing troubles in his life, such as working double shifts just to make enough money to pay alimony to his ex-wife. In the chorus, the male expresses his struggles.
The music video was directed by Steven Goldmann, and was filmed in Canada.
Compiled from liner notes.
- Trace Adkins — lead vocals
- Mike Brignardello — bass guitar
- Eric Darken — percussion
- Paul Franklin — steel guitar
- Dann Huff — electric guitar
- B. James Lowry — acoustic guitar
- Brent Mason — electric guitar
- Steve Nathan — keyboards
- Russell Terrell — background vocals
- Lonnie Wilson — drums
- Jonathan Yudkin — violin, cello, mandocello
"I'm Tryin'" debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 7, 2001.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||44|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||53|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||50|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 18. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Chrome (CD booklet). Trace Adkins. Capitol Records. 2002. 30618.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Trace Adkins Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Trace Adkins Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- "Best of 2002: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2002. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|