|Also known as||Interr-Ference|
|Origin||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Genres||Electronic, electro, electroclash, pop, Italo disco, chiptune|
In 1997 he produced the track "Space Invaders Are Smoking Grass", which became a huge underground dance hit and is often cited as an early example of electroclash. It introduced "old-fashioned verse-chorus dynamics to burbling electro in a vocodered homage to Atari-era hi-jinks" and is the "record widely credited with catalysing" the electroclash movement.
The album Fucking Consumer was released in 1998 on the Disko B label, followed by The Man From Pack the next year. In 1999 he also made the mixed album Mixed Up In the Hague Vol. 1, which has been cited by many, including Morgan Geist, as being the catalyst that brought renewed interest in Italo disco.
I-f was featured on the seminal 2002 Ghostly International compilation Disco Nouveau. He has also recorded as The Parallax Corporation with Intergalactic Gary. I-f currently runs a record label called Viewlexx. He also ran the internet radio station Cybernetic Broadcasting System (CBS). It was closed down in 2008 but is now one of four channels on Intergalactic FM, which is also operated by I-f.
- 1995 – Portrait Of A Dead Girl 1: The Cause
- 1997 – The Brown Elbow Conspiracy
- 1997 – "Space Invaders Are Smoking Grass"
- 1997 – Playstation #2
- 1998 – Fucking Consumer
- 1999 – The Man From Pack
- D. Lynskey (22 March 2002), "Out with the old, in with the older", Guardian.co.uk, archived from the original on 16 February 2011
- "I-f – Fucking Consumer (Promo)". Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- "Let Me Be Your Radio: The Bizarro Universe of Italo Disco". Pitchfork. Retrieved Feb 10, 2021.
- "Dit zijn de 50 meest invloedrijke Nederlandse dj's". 3voor12. Retrieved Mar 2, 2021.
- Juzwiak, Richard (November 22, 2004). Unclassics: An Interview With Morgan Geist Stylus Magazine
- Sicko, Dan (1999). Techno rebels: the renegades of electronic funk. Billboard Books, ISBN 978-0-8230-8428-9
- Resident Adviser (14 August 2008). "Portrait of a live man: I-f".
- "I-f – Space Invaders Are Smoking Grass". Discogs. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to I-F.|