Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out|
|Also known as||3TO
3rd Tyme Out
|Origin||Cumming, Georgia, U.S.|
|Labels||Rebel/Rounder/Chateau Music Group/Rural Rhythm Records|
|Past members||Steve Dilling
Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out (formerly known as IIIrd Tyme Out) is a bluegrass band formed in 1991 in Cumming, Georgia. Consisting of Russell Moore (lead vocals and guitar), Keith McKinnon (vocals and banjo), Justen Haynes (vocals and fiddle), Wayne Benson (vocals and mandolin) and Blake Johnson (vocals and bass), the band has released thirteen albums and two greatest hits collections since 1991. A regular on bluegrass radio, their works have earned them many individual and group IBMA and SPBGMA award nominations including the prestigious IBMA Vocal Group of the Year award which they've won numerous times.
In November 2013, banjo player Steve Dilling and bass player Edgar Loudermilk announced their intentions to leave IIIrd Tyme Out. Steve Dilling cited health reasons as his reason for leaving the band while Edgar Loudermilk decided to capitalize on a songwriting and solo CD push. It was later announced that Keith McKinnon would be the new banjo player and Blake Johnson would be the new bass player. The new lineup performed together on stage for the first time in January 2014 in Galax, Virginia.
IIIrd Tyme Out headlined at the Central Canadian Bluegrass Awards show in Huntsville, Ontario, Canada in 1996 and again in 1998. They performed at the 4th Annual Willow Park Bluegrass Jamboree in Hagersville, Ontario, in August, 2002. In 2005 they performed at the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival. The band toured as part of the Bluegrass Sundays Winter Concert Series organized by the Northern Bluegrass Committee in Ontario, Canada in 2011.
In 2016 IIIrd Tyme Out continues to maintain a busy touring schedule; in 2016 they performed at the Tallgrass Festival in Oklahoma.
- The Independent Music Awards: Best Country/Bluegrass Song: "My Lord's Gonna Be There"
- IBMA Vocal Group of the Year: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
- IBMA Male Vocalist of the Year: Russell Moore - 1994, 1997, 2010
- SPBGMA Bluegrass Vocal Group & Contemporary Gospel Group: 2001
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|US Grass||US||US Heat||US Indie|
|IIIrd Tyme Out||
|Puttin' New Roots Down||
|Letter to Home||
|Living on the Other Side||
|Live at the Mac||
|John & Mary||
|Back to the Mac||
|Singing on Streets of Gold||
|The Best Durn Ride||
|Round III at the MAC||
|Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out||
|Timeless Hits from the Past: Bluegrassed||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Erase the Miles||
|Footprints: A IIIrd Tyme Out Compilation||
- "IIIrd Tyme Out Website". Iirdtymeout.com. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out". Facebook.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "IIIrd Tyme Out - Russell Moore Announces New IIIrd Tyme Out Members". Iiirdtymeout.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Report in Strings, newsletter of the Pineridge Bluegrass Folklore Society, December 1996
- Report in Strings, newsletter of the Pineridge Bluegrass Folklore Society, February 1998
- 4th Annual Willow Park Bluegrass Jamboree program, August 2002
- "Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival", Strings, newsletter of the Pineridge Bluegrass Folklore Society, October 2005
- "Bluegrass Sundays" concert program, Northern Bluegrass Committee, 2012
- "Hundreds attend Tallgrass Music Festival". Skiatook Journal, June 6, 2016 By Lindsey Renuard
- "Independent Music Awards - 3rd Annual Winners". Musiciansatlas.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Bluegrass Awards Crown McCory, Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (30 October 1999). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 30–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "International Bluegrass Music Association- Past Recipients". IBMA. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "SMT News". SPBGMA. February 5, 2001. Retrieved March 4, 2009.
- "Biographies". IIIrd Tyme Out. March 24, 2009. Retrieved March 4, 2009.