This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
iMinds (formerly IBBT) was a Flemish non-profit organization, founded by the Flemish Government. It was founded as a research institute, with a focus on information & communication technology (ICT) in general, and applications of broadband technology in particular. iMinds offers companies and organizations active support in research and development. It brings together companies, authorities, and non-profit organizations to join forces on research projects.
The central staff of iMinds consists of 29 full-time employees. They are responsible for operational support and external communication. Wim De Waele is Director of iMinds.
iMinds unites more than 1000 researchers from 5 research departments specialized in one or more of the basic competencies of iMinds. The composition of the research groups is flexible and aligned to the evolving needs of companies and organizations.
The Board of Directors is made up of representatives from both the private and public sector. The 16 members ensure that all research programs meet existing needs.
European Alliance for Innovation
iMinds is a member of the European Alliance For Innovation (EAI) since May 2011. EAI is a grassroots organization initiated through cooperation between public, private and government organisations. EAI bridges the gaps between the market, research, and regulation, bringing together key players from every discipline within the ICT innovation cycle.
iMinds stimulates research that addresses current social and economic issues.
- Culture & Media
- Healthy Society
- ICT and Energy
- Sustainable Mobility
- Social & Secure ICT
iMinds has carried out over 250 research projects within these themes already.
- Communications in Belgium
- Performance Analysis of Telecommunication Systems
- Flemish institute for technological research (VITO)
- Networked and Electronic Media (NEM)
- Integral Satcom Initiative (EU)
- Science and technology in Flanders
- iMinds changes the name. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- iLab.o. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- iMinds steers ICT projects. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Merger Between Centers Imec and iMinds Completed". Newswire Today.
- iMinds Annual Report 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Cooperation with KU Leuven. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Cooperation with University of Hasselt Archived 2013-01-28 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Cooperation with VUB. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- EAI welcomes new members. Retrieved 16 April 2013.