INA colony is a residential colony maintained by the Airports Authority of India for their employees. It was named after a former private airline, Indian National Airways, which was amongst those nationalised and merged to form, Indian Airlines in 1953.
Situated on Aurobindo Marg, across Dilli Haat and behind INA Market, the colony lies near Safdarjung Airport, on Sri Aurobindo Marg, opposite to Laxmibai Nagar adjacent to Kidwai Nagar east. The INA market also has shops selling varieties of imported foodstuff and wines for expatriates due to its proximity to Chanakyapuri diplomatic enclave. Starting 2010, it is serviced by the INA underground station of the Delhi Metro. INA market is also famous for its Sea Food items.
This colony is located in South Delhi between Ring Road and Ring Railway. It is bounded on the rear by the DDA office, named Vikas Sadan & Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sewa Nagar, INA Colony Central Vigilance Commission office, front headed with INA market. It lies on the east side of Sri Aurobindo Marg, and is opposite to Laxmi bai Nagar.
Nearby landmarks are :
- Safdarjung Terminal,
- Dilli Haat, AIIMS,
- Safdarjung Hospital,
- Safdarjung Airport,
- Lodi Colony Railway station,
etc and many more. INA colony can be seen at
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
INA was named after the Indian National Airways.
This colony comprises two pockets - A & B, and has five types of flats, viz
Approximately 1000 flats in total are located.
- Medical Centre
- Community centre
- Children Parks (3 nos) located in pkts - A & B
- Transit Hostel
- Kendriya Bhandar 
- Electrical & Civil Complaint cell
- Wellness centre
- AAEU employee union office
- ACOA(I) office
- Gopal Mandir in pkt - A
- 5 gates equipped with 24 hr security guards posted.
INA Consists of
- INA Colonies
- Kendriya Bhandar
- Two schools:- Kendriya Vidyalaya and Sarvodaya vidyalaya are two schools, both schools are adjacent to each other located near Vikas sadan.
- One Montessori School:-MMI KALYANMAYEE, Pocket B, INA Colony
- DDA offices also known as "Vikas Sadan"
- Central Vigilance Commission
- "AAI". Archived from the original on 17 May 2008. Retrieved 22 April 2007.
- It is often confused to be name after Indian National Army (INA).
- Dugger, Celia W. (14 June 2000). "Market Economics; Chicken Shows the Difficulty of Exporting Food to India". New York Times.
- "INA likely to be one of the busiest metro stations". The Hindu. 26 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to INA colony.|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|