|Industry||Semiconductor - Specialized|
|Headquarters||Milpitas, California, U.S.|
( President, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, and Sec.)
(Dec 31, 2013)
|Products||Power semiconductor, Integrated circuit|
|Revenue||$ 317.21M (2016)|
Number of employees
|1010 (Dec 31, 2013)|
IXYS Corporation, (NASDAQ:IXYS) is an American company based in Milpitas, California. IXYS focuses on power semiconductors, radio frequency (RF) power semiconductors, and digital and analog integrated circuits (ICs). In July 2013, IXYS announced the completion of acquisition for Samsung's 4-bit and 8-bit microcontroller line.
Dr. Nathan Zommer founded IXYS Corporation in 1983 in Silicon Valley, Santa Clara, California. IXYS was originally a fabless power semiconductor device company. In 1989, IXYS provided Power MOSFETs for the General Motors EV1. 
In 2001, the company acquired the British semiconductor manufacturer Westcode.
In July 2013, IXYS Corporation finished acquiring Samsung Electronics' 4- and 8-bit microcontroller business, and the 4- and 8-bit microcontrollers acquired from Samsung will be offered by Zilog, Inc.
IXYS Corporation's production of power semiconductor consists of Power MOS (metal-oxide-silicon) transistors and power bipolar. These series of products convert high voltage or current electricity to regular power. The company’s production of integrated circuits are used for analog, mixed-signal and digital interface solutions in communication, such as solid-state relays (SSRs), line card access switch (LCAS), LitelinkTM. The RF Power Semiconductors convert high rates electricity for amplification or reception. In addition, IXYS provides laser diode drivers, direct copper bond (DCB).
- "Business Summary".
- "IXYS completed acquisition of Samsung's 4- and 8- bit microcontroller line.".
- "IXYS history"
- "IXYS' High Power IGBTs Achieves Milestone for Performance in Fast Passenger Train...". AllBusiness.com, Business Wire. 2007-08-21. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- SEC filing: IXYS and Zilog merger
- Zilog Acquired by IXYS
- https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ixys-announces-agreement-samsung-electronics-020000568.html[dead link]
- Bill Giovino. "Zilog Buys Microcontroller Product Lines from Samsung".
- "Company Full Description".