I Dream Too Much
|I Dream Too Much|
|Directed by||John Cromwell|
|Produced by||Pandro S. Berman|
|Written by||Elsie Finn
David G. Wittels
|Screenplay by||James Gow
Edmund H. North
|Music by||Jerome Kern
Max Steiner (incidental)
|Edited by||William Morgan|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
I Dream Too Much is a 1935 romantic comedy film directed by John Cromwell. It stars Henry Fonda, Lily Pons, and Lucille Ball in one of her earliest roles. It has been described as a "somewhat wispy operetta." Songs are by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields. The film was nominated for an Academy Award in the category Sound Recording (Carl Dreher).
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2010)|
Jonathan pushes her into a singing career, and she soon becomes a star. Meanwhile, Jonathan is unable to sell his music, and he finds himself jealous of his wife's success.
Concerned about their relationship, Annette uses her influence to get Jonathan's work turned into a musical comedy. Once she achieves this, she then retires from public life in order to raise a family.
- Lily Pons as Annette Monard Street
- Henry Fonda as Jonathan 'Johnny' Street
- Eric Blore as Roger Briggs
- Osgood Perkins as Paul Darcy
- Lucien Littlefield as Hubert Dilley, Tourist
- Lucille Ball as Gwendolyn Dilley, Tourist
- Mischa Auer as Darcy's Pianist
- Paul Porcasi as Uncle Tito
- Scotty Beckett as Boy on Merry-Go-Round
The film recorded a loss of $350,000.
- Richard Jewel, 'RKO Film Grosses: 1931-1951', Historical Journal of Film Radio and Television, Vol 14 No 1, 1994 p58
- Woolsey, John Munro (1938). "Shipman et al. v. RKO Radio Picture, Inc. et al.". Federal Supplement: Cases Argued and Determined in the District Courts of the United States Court of Claims. St. Paul, MN: West Publishing Co. 20: 249–251.
- "The 8th Academy Awards (1936) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- I Dream Too Much on Internet Movie Database
- I Dream Too Much at Rotten Tomatoes
- I Dream Too Much at AllMovie
- I Dream Too Much at the TCM Movie Database
- I Dream Too Much at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a romantic musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|