|Born||Iain Cameron Conn
22 October 1962
|Education||St.Marys School, Melrose; Loretto School, Musselburgh.|
|Alma mater||Imperial College London|
Iain Cameron Conn (born 22 October 1962) is a British businessman. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Centrica.
Iain Cameron Conn was born in October 1962 in Edinburgh and grew up in Galashiels. The eldest of two sons, his father died when Conn was 12. He was educated at St. Mary's School in Melrose and Loretto School in Musselburgh, where he was Captain of Pinkie House. He graduated in 1985 from Imperial College London, where he studied chemical engineering and management.
Conn served as chief executive downstream, of BP from 2007 until 2014 and was a main board director from 2004 to 2014. BP's Downstream division comprised all of BP's customer facing, manufacturing and supply businesses in over 70 countries mainly under the BP, Castrol and Aral brands. In addition to leading Downstream, Conn also had group regional responsibility for Europe, Asia and Southern Africa. Previously he served as the group executive officer for strategic resources of BP from 2004 to 2007, responsible for most of BP's functions and regional coordination, and was chief executive of BP's petrochemical division from 2002 to 2004. Conn spent 29 years at BP, with leadership roles in oil trading, marketing, refining and petrochemicals, and E&P.
Since January 1st 2015, Conn has served as the CEO of Centrica, replacing Sam Laidlaw. In this role Conn has responsibility for Centrica and has been leading the repositioning of the company for the next phase both strategically and in response to the low oil and gas price environment. Centrica is shifting its portfolio emphasis more towards the customer in the areas of energy supply, services, the connected home, distributed energy and power, and energy marketing and trading.,
Conn is a member of the council of Imperial College, chairman of the advisory board of Imperial College Business School, and a member of the advisory board of the Centre for European Reform. He is a trustee of the Movement to Work. He is a member of the president's committee of the Confederation of British Industry. Previously he was a member of the advisory boards of the Centre for China in the World Economy at Tsinghua University, and of the Schwarzman School at Tsinghua.
Conn is married to Caroline, and they have three children.
- "Executive Profile* Iain C. Conn". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Centrica plc". Companies House. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Brummer, Alex. "The car buff who wants you to love British Gas again: Centrica boss Iain Conn has a long road ahead to win back consumer trust". This is Money. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "Our Board: Non-Executive Directors : Iain Conn". BT. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- "Our Board Members: Iain Conn". Centrica. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Gosden, Emily (July 29, 2014). "Centrica appoints Iain Conn as chief executive with £3.7m pay package: British Gas owner says that BP executive will succeed Sam Laidlaw on January 1". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
|Chief Executive of Centrica
January 2015 -
||Chief Executive BP Downstream
2007 - 2014