|Occupation(s)||Instrumentalist, radio producer|
|Instruments||Scottish smallpipe, tin whistle|
|Associated acts||The Tannahill Weavers, Smalltalk, Ossian|
Iain MacInnes is a Scottish folk musician, currently working as the producer of the BBC Radio Scotland bagpipe music program Pipeline. He was formerly presenter of that program, before taking a one-year sabbatical in 2002 to write a book on piping in the 20th century. It airs on BBC Radio Scotland at 21:05 GMT on Saturdays.
He has played the Scottish smallpipes and whistles in a number of folk bands including The Tannahill Weavers, Smalltalk, Ossian, and his own band. He has released a solo CD on Greentrax records called Tryst.
He also writes for the pipes | drums magazine.
- Canterach - Canterach (2001, Lochshore, LDL 1303)
- Iain MacInnes - Tryst (1999, Greentrax, CDTRAX 182)
- Ossian - The Carrying Stream (1997, Greentrax, CDTRAX 127)
- Various - Grand Concert of Scottish Piping (1996, Greentrax, CDTRAX 110)
- Smalltalk - Smalltalk (1994, Greentrax, CDTRAX 079)
|This article about a Scottish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|