Ian A.C. Dejardin (b. 26 Aug 1955) is an art historian and current Director of the Dulwich Picture Gallery in Dulwich, southeast London, England. In August 2016 Dulwich Picture Gallery announced that he is leaving to become Chief Executive of the McMichael Canadian Art Collection in Ontario in April 2017.
Ian Dejardin holds an MA in the History of Art from the University of Edinburgh. He started a doctorate in art history at the University of Warwick, but then spent seven years developing a designer knitwear business in Cumbria. Subsequently, he completed a postgraduate diploma in art gallery and museum studies at Manchester University. This was followed by curatorial appointments at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, and with English Heritage (London Region).
In 1998, Dejardin was appointed as a curator at the Dulwich Picture Gallery and was responsible for the Gallery's Permanent Collection of paintings, furniture and works on paper. He succeeded Desmond Shawe-Taylor as Director in 2005 and was previously a Chief Curator at the Gallery from 1998. Dejardin became the Gallery's director in 2005 coordinating several major exhibitions a year. In August 2016 the Dulwich Picture Gallery announced that he will be leaving in April 2017 after 19 years at the gallery, 12 of them as Director.
- Rembrandt to Gainsborough: Masterpieces from Dulwich Picture Gallery. With Desmond Shawe-Taylor and Giles Waterfield. Merrell Holberton Publishers, 1999.
- Henry Moore: At the Dulwich Picture Gallery. With Ann Garrould and Anita Feldman Bennet. Scala Publishers, 2004. ISBN 978-1-85759-352-5.
- The Dutch Italianates: 17th-Century Masterpieces from Dulwich Picture Gallery, London. Philip Wilson Publishers, 2008. ISBN 978-0-85667-657-4.
- Dulwich Picture Gallery, London: Director's Choice. Scala Publishers, 2009. ISBN 978-1-85759-584-0.
|Director of Dulwich Picture Gallery
- "Birthdays". The Guardian. Guardian Media & News. 26 Aug 2014. p. 31.
- Ingrid Beazley (editor), What Are YOU Like, Ian Dejardin, Director of DPG? Dulwich OnView, 25 November 2008.
- Mr. Ian A.C. Dejardin, ZoomInfo Business People Information.
- "Ian A C Dejardin, Sackler Director of Dulwich Picture Gallery, to join McMichael Canadian Art Collection". Dulwich Picture Gallery. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- The Dutch Italianates: 17th-century Masterpieces from Dulwich Picture Gallery, Opening Night Lecture, Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 7 October 2009.
- "Ian Dejardin interview by Kate Knowles". The Dulwich Society, Newsletter Archive. Autumn 2005. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- Ian A C Dejardin takes us on a tour of his typical day as director of a great British cultural institution – Dulwich Picture Gallery
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|