Ian Walsh (ice hockey)
Ian Walsh (born May 9, 1972 in Philadelphia) has been a National Hockey League referee since the 2000–01 NHL season, and wears uniform number 29. Walsh started officiating ice hockey in the Philadelphia area at age 15. He has also worked as an official in the United States Hockey League and the ECHL.
Ian Walsh's first NHL game was between the New Jersey Devils and the Anaheim Ducks on October 14, 2000. He worked his first NHL playoff game between the Detroit Red Wings and the Columbus Blue Jackets on April 16, 2009.
- "Ian Walsh's profile at". Nhlofficials.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Matt Nilles (2000-10-14). "NHL Officials Prime-Time Players". Usahockeymagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "USHL On-Ice Officials". Ushl.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Carnathan receives Ryan Birmingham Award". The Echl. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Aiello, Dave (2009-04-17). "Ian Walsh Becomes the First Atlantic District Official to Referee an NHL Playoff Game // AAHArefs". Aaharefs.org. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings - 04/16/2009". Nhl.com. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|