Iberostar Hotels & Resorts
|Industry||Hotel and catering trade|
|Headquarters||Palma, Majorca, Spain|
Number of employees
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts (Spanish: Iberostar Hoteles y Apartamentos S.L.) is a hotel chain based in Spain, specializing in 4 and 5 star hotels. It is owned by Grupo Iberostar, which also owns Iberostate Golf, Villas & Condos and Iberoservice, its incoming tourism division
The company's trademark is "first line" hotels (meaning directly on the beach), surrounded by gardens.
The company temporarily closed the Rose Hall Beach Hotel (but not the adjoining Rose Hall Suites Hotel or Rose Hall Grand Hotel), one of its resorts in Jamaica. As of May 31, 2010, the Rose Hall Beach Hotel reopened.
Travel Trade Gazette, a U.K.-based travel industry publication, named the company "Best Hotel Chain of the Year" in 2009. One of its directors is Manny Fontenla-Novoa, who was also the Chief Executive of Thomas Cook Group.
- Frommer, Arthur (December 15, 2005). "Spanish mega-hotel chains compete in tropics market". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Iberostar Invests in Brazil". DTCNews. November 3, 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Spain's Iberostar temporarily shuts Jamaica resort". Taiwan News. 2009-08-29. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Radio Jamaica
- "TTG Travel Awards 2009 winners revealed!". Travel Trade Gazette. September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Cave, Andrew (15 August 2009). "Thomas Cook chief is always in holiday mode". The Daily Telegraph.
- Travel Agent Central | Antonio Banderas, Iberostar Hotels & Resorts Unite for Global Campaign | (Accessed 2010-04-07)/
- Official website
- Iberostar Laguna Azul Information
- Unofficial Iberostar Message Board
- Iberostar Hotels in Cuba Online reservations
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|