The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
29 January 1971
Tamale, Northern Region of Ghana
|Education||College of North West London|
Emmanuel Adama Mahama|
|Relatives||John Dramani Mahama (brother)|
Ibrahim Mahama (born 29 January 1971) is a Ghanaian businessman, and the founder of Engineers and Planners, the largest indigenous-owned mining company in West Africa, and the owner of several other businesses in Ghana. He is the younger brother of John Dramani Mahama, President of Ghana from 2012 to 2017.
He was born in Tamale in the Northern Region of Ghana to Emmanuel Adama Mahama, former Minister of Agriculture and the first Minister of the Northern Region under the first President of Ghana, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. His mother, Joyce Tamakloe came from Keta in the Volta Region of Ghana.
He moved to the United Kingdom, where he studied at the College of North London. After college, he went on to live in London, where he worked for a property development company.
Mahama started his company Engineers & Planners in 1997 after his return from London.
Mahama has also invested in Asutsuare Poultry Farms, which was started in 2004 and produces 150,000 eggs and 10,000 live broilers a day.
Mahama is also an investor at Dzata Cement company, a fully Ghanaian-owned cement processing factory located in Tema. Construction of the factory began in 2011, and it is set to start operations by first quarter of 2018, projected to create 1,200 direct jobs. Its production capacity is projected to be 2 million tones of cement a year.
Mahama has been recognized in supporting the Northern and Zongo communities. Ghana has about 400 Zongo communities which have been described by many as deprived communities. He has catered for many in these communities, providing for education, healthcare, employment as well as funding projects within the communities.
Joyce Tamakloe Cancer Foundation
Following the loss of his mother to cancer, he has championed charity causes that create awareness on different types of cancer. He is a co-founder of the Joyce Tamakloe Cancer Foundation which has raised funds for several hospitals in Ghana as a contribution to the fight against cancer. The Foundation has provided free mammograms for over 1000 women across Ghana. The foundation played a key role in ensuring breast cancer patients received treatment under the National Health Insurance in Ghana.
He is married to Oona Mahama and they have three children.
- "Comprehensive List of Businesses Owned by Ibrahim Mahama". Yen Ghana.
- "List of companies/businesses owned by Ibrahim Mahama". Enter Ghana.
- "Firms Owned by Ibrahim Mahama". Peace FM.
- "Mahama inaugurates CIMAF cement plant". Ghana Business News.
- "New cement factory to produce 2 million tons of cement annually opened". Joy Online News.
- "Ghanas Zongo Communities Waiting to be Transformed". Africa Feeds.
- "Ibrahim Mahama Building 550-Bed Dormitory For TAMASCO". The Herald, Ghana.
- "Fire guts St Charles SHS dormitory in Tamale". Ghana News Agency.
- "Mahama's mother to be buried today". Citi FM.
- "Tamakloe Memorial Polo scheduled for April 11". Ghana News Agency.
- "Lack of data on breast cancer hinders awareness creation". Ghana Web.
- "The Ordinary Side Of Ibrahim Mahama". The Herald Ghana.