|Type||Multitouch products and digital interactives|
|Headquarters||Corrales, New Mexico|
Ideum is a company based in Corrales, New Mexico that produces multitouch tables and walls, custom interactive web and media applications, and custom hardware. The company was founded in 1999 by Jim Spadaccini, who created interactive exhibits for San Francisco's Exploratorium before becoming creative director at Ideum. With strong ties to the museum and informal science education fields, many of the company's products and services are targeted at museums and other public spaces.
Ideum's first product, MT-50 multitouch table garnered recognition for its high resolution and large surface. The company now produces three 55" multitouch tables, the Platform, Pro, and Pro Lab; two 46" tables, the Platform 46 full-sized and coffee tables; the Platform 32 coffee table; the 100" Pano table; and the 65" Presenter and Presenter 55 touch walls. 
These multitouch displays support Ideum's proprietary software development framework, GestureWorks, the Open Exhibits SDK which allows for the development of multitouch multiuser applications in ActionScript, and GestureWorks Gameplay, their Windows 8 utility for making PC games touch-enabled. Directed by Ideum, the Open Exhibits initiative is sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
Ideum has designed exhibits for NASA, the Adventure Science Center in Nashville, California Science Center, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Miami Science Museum, and the National Park Service among others.
- Kamerick, Megan. 11/18/2011. "Ideum's touch tables bring exhibits, displays to life"
- Davies, Chris. 2/5/2009. "Ideum MT-2 Multitouch Table Beats Microsoft Surface in Size and Resolution."
- Instructables. 2011. "DIY MT-50 Multitouch Table"
- Gerew, Gary. 6/29/2012. "Ideum takes next step in touch screen technology"
- Fingas, Jon. 6/28/2012. "Ideum unveils speedy Platform and Pro multi-touch tables, says PixelSense ain't got nothin' (video)"
- Cooper, Daniel. 1/17/2012. "Ideum's MT65 Presenter: a $17,500, 65-inch, multi-touch display for your own museum"
- Ridden, Paul. 12/11/2012. "Ideum breaks out 100-inch Pano Touch Table"
- 2011. "GestureWorks 3 Introduces World's First Markup Language for Multitouch"
- Krahulik, Gabe. 10/4/13. "GestureWorks Gameplay"
- 2010, 2012. "NSF Award Abstract #1010028: Open Exhibits"
- 2011. "Interactive, immersive display with unparalleled image resolution at Monterey Bay Aquarium"
- 9/2/2010. "Miami Science Museum Receives $500,000 Grant From NOAA for Interactive Climate Change Exhibit"