|Founded||Knoxville, 2000 |
|Headquarters||Knoxville, TN, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Ethan Garber, CEO; Jeff Tuck, COO|
IdleAir, a division of Convoy Solutions LLC, is a company that provides in-cab services to truckers via centralized systems at truck stops around the United States. IdleAir's service, Advanced Travel Center electrification (ATE), was more complex and more expensive than traditional truck stop electrification (TSE) systems which are aimed at idle reduction reducing the amount of fuel consumed by trucks while they idle during rests.
Most TSE systems simply provide electricity to trucks parked in their slots. IdleAir's service is more comprehensive, including heating and air conditioning, phone service, Internet connectivity, television, and 110-volt electrical outlets. The ATE services are delivered by a distinctive yellow tube that hooks into the door window of the truck.
The company, formerly named IdleAire, was launched in June 2000 and filed for bankruptcy protection on May 12, 2008. A May 16, 2008 press release on their website stated that they expected to remain open, however, IdleAire officially closed on January 29, 2010.
Convoy Solutions LLC of Knoxville, TN, acquired the former IdleAire assets and relaunched the company as IdleAir in 2010.
Since being relaunched by Convoy Solutions in 2010, the new IdleAir has opened 32 locations in 12 states — Arizona, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Utah. IdleAir services are available at some major truck stops, including Pilot Flying J, Love’s, Sapp Brothers, and TravelCenters of America and Petro franchisee locations.
- "Heavy-Duty Truck Idle Reduction Technology Demonstrations - 2006 Status Report".
- Flory, Josh (2008-05-14). "IdleAire turns off its engines". Knoxville News Sentinel Co.
- "IdleAire Locations Open and Expected to Remain Open.". Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- "Idleaire fails to find buyer, closing January 29". 2010-01-28.
- Flory, Josh (2012-06-03). "IdleAir keeps on truckin". Knoxville News Sentinel Co.
- Flory, Josh (2013-03-04). "New IdleAir continues to add locations". Knoxville News Sentinel Co.