If You Love Somebody
|"If You Love Somebody"|
|Single by Kevin Sharp|
|from the album Measure of a Man|
|Released||July 21, 1997|
|Kevin Sharp singles chronology|
"If You Love Somebody" is a song written by Chris Farren and Jeffrey Steele, and recorded by American country music artist Kevin Sharp. It was released in July 1997 as the third single from his debut album Measure of a Man. The song reached number 4 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in October 1997.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that the record grabs the listener immediately and doesn't let go thanks to the "energetic percussion that opens this track and gives way to a spree of sassy fiddle lines." She goes on to say that the song is a fine example of the "vibrancy and passion he can bring to a great uptempo cut."
"If You Love Somebody" debuted at number 65 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 26, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||7|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||94|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||50|
- Kevin Sharp Hot Country Songs Chart History
- Billboard, August 2, 1997
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3380." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 10, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Kevin Sharp Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|