December 16, 1981 |
Cetinje, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left wing|
|Current club||sv cwo|
Marković is a member of Montenegro national handball team since it was established (2007). Today, he is a player with most played official games for Montenegro (49) and a fourth top scorer in the national team history, with 125 goals.
Marković started his career in the youth teams of Cepelin Cetinje and Lovćen Cetinje. During his professional career, he played for Montenegrin clubs Lovćen Cetinje and Budućnost Podgorica. As of autumn 2013, he played for the Kuwaitian side AlQurine at the Arab Champions League.
With the Montenegrin national team, Igor Marković played at the World Championship 2013 and the Euro 2014. He is the player with most official games for Montenegro and the fourth top scorer in the national team's history.
|Qualifying matches EC/WC||39||92|
Awards and accomplishments
- Montenegrin League (4): 2006–07, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013-14
- Serbia and Montenegro Cup (1): 2002-03
- Winner of the Montenegrin Cup (5): 2008–09, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
- Montenegrin League (1): 2009–10
- Best handball player in Montenegro (4): 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
National team appearances
Igor Marković has been a member of Montenegro national handball team since its establishment in January 2007. He is the most capped player with 49 games in the national team. He scored 125 goals for Montenegrin national team. As a member of Montenegro, Marković played in the World Cup 2013 and European Championship 2014.
At the Euro 2014 qualifiers game against Israel in Rishon LeZion, Marković scored 12 goals. That is the highest number of scored goals in one match by any Montenegrin national team player.
European Cups appearances
- "European Handball Federation - Igor Marković / Player". Eurohandball.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "XI European Championship 2014. Team Roster, Montenegro" (PDF). EHF. Retrieved 12 January 2014.