From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up imago in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An imago (plural: imagines or imagoes) is the last (or adult) stage of development of an insect.
Imago may also refer to:
- American Imago, academic journal founded in 1939 by Sigmund Freud and Hanns Sachs
- A term coined by Carl Jung to describe a way that people form their personality by identifying with the collective unconscious
- Imago Therapy or Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT), a form of marriage therapy founded by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Imago clipeata, usually used in reference to the images of heroes on Roman shields
- Imago Dei, a Latin phrase meaning the "Image of God"
- Imagines (plural), funeral masks; see Roman funerals and burial#Funerary art
- Imago, used in W. H. Auden's poem "September 1, 1939"
- "Imago", a poem by Patti Smith from her 1996 book The Coral Sea
- Imago, used in Igor Ursenco's title book „Logos”, My Father : My Mother „Imago”, Limes Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca, 2009
- Imago, the title of a science fiction novel by Octavia Butler
- Imago, a mutant fly-like boss in Metroid: Zero Mission
- Imago, the ability to utilize the two-way brain-computer interface in Dennō Coil
- Imago (The Butterfly Effect album), 2006
- Imago (band), a Filipino pop rock band
- Imago Records, an independent record label active in the early 1990s
- Imago (2002 Catharsis album)
- Imago (2003 Catharsis album), the Russian version of the 2002 album
- Imago, a 1999 album by Rovo
- Umbra et Imago, German gothic Darkwave rock act formed in 1991
- "Imago (Homines Partus)", a song by Pain of Salvation from BE
- Imago Scientific Instruments, a Madison, Wisconsin-based company that produces atom probe tomographs
- Imago, a typeface designed by Günter Gerhard Lange in 1982
- Imagines (work by Philostratus), a two-volume work describing various artworks
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Imago.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.