Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up imago in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An imago (plural: imagines or imagoes) is the last (or adult) stage of development of an insect.
Imago may also refer to:
- American Imago, academic journal founded in 1939 by Sigmund Freud and Hanns Sachs
- A term coined by Carl Jung to describe a way that people form their personality by identifying with the collective unconscious
- Imago Therapy or Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT), a form of marriage therapy founded by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Imago clipeata, usually used in reference to the images of heroes on Roman shields
- Imago Dei, a Latin phrase meaning the "Image of God"
- Imagines (plural), funeral masks; see Roman funerals and burial#Funerary art
- Imago, used in W. H. Auden's poem "September 1, 1939"
- "Imago", a poem by Wallace Stevens in his 1950 book The Auroras of Autumn
- "Imago", a poem by Patti Smith from her 1996 book The Coral Sea
- Imago, used in Igor Ursenco's title book „Logos”, My Father : My Mother „Imago”, Limes Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca, 2009
- Imago, the title of a science fiction novel by Octavia E. Butler; part of the Xenogenesis Trilogy
- Imago, a mutant fly-like boss in Metroid: Zero Mission
- Imago, the ability to utilize the two-way brain-computer interface in Dennō Coil
- Imago, a music album by Vespera, 2017
- Imago (The Butterfly Effect album), 2006
- Imago (band), a Filipino pop rock band
- Imago Records, an independent record label active in the early 1990s
- Imago (2002 Catharsis album)
- Imago (2003 Catharsis album), the Russian version of the 2002 album
- Imago, a 1999 album by Rovo
- Umbra et Imago, German gothic Darkwave rock act formed in 1991
- "Imago (Homines Partus)", a song by Pain of Salvation from BE
- Imago Scientific Instruments, a Madison, Wisconsin-based company that produces atom probe tomographs
- Imago, a typeface designed by Günter Gerhard Lange in 1982
- Imagines (work by Philostratus), a two-volume work describing various artworks
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Imago.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.